Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Crafty Corner If you are creative, love to knit or crochet, paint, or just enjoy making fun stuff with your kids, this is the forum for you.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 4.83 average.
Old 09-10-2002, 12:04 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

chuckle Hi everyone

I feel like a long ost family member. It has been so long since I was here and posted. I have dropped in a couple times to peek around and check on what was happening but haven't felt like responding to anything for the last few weeks. Had a bad flare up of my Fibro and then came the depression. Oh well I have to remember all that is good in my life and focus on that rather than the negative. Right??!!!

Amanda your jars are do cute. The one from Shawn's emergency fund is so cute. I love it. I would have to laugh every time I saw it if it were around here. Ialso like the other two. Hunter will have a beautiful addition to her room. The one where you did the logo on is also really cleaver. Did you design the logo or is it one that Kittermangrafic's already was using??

Shell your jar is really neat. I love those rub ons and if you hit the right store there are so many to choose from. They fit about every occasion or need. You did a super job with placement and design on it. Adding the glitter to places was a cleaver idea. I thnk you have given me an idea. Did you do anything to protect the rub ons after they were in place?

Hope everyone is happening a good week. This will be a thought provoking week for all Americans. God Bless you each and everyone.

A friend is one to whom one may pour out all the contents of one's heart, chaff and grain together, knowing that gentle hands will take and sift it, keep what is worth keeping and, with a breath of kindness, blow the rest away.
Old 09-10-2002, 12:11 PM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I had wondered how well the rub ons would work on the jars! Glad they worked out, they look wonderful! I have several here too, and I know what you mean about selection, it's just not the greatest :-P
Old 09-10-2002, 12:21 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Re: Hi everyone

Quote:
Originally posted by stitcher45

Shell your jar is really neat. I love those rub ons and if you hit the right store there are so many to choose from. They fit about every occasion or need. You did a super job with placement and design on it. Adding the glitter to places was a cleaver idea. I thnk you have given me an idea. Did you do anything to protect the rub ons after they were in place?

Thanks for the compliments!

I sprayed polyurathane on it (3 coats). It was all I had. I am sure there is something better to use to coat it... haven't really looked into that yet.
Old 09-10-2002, 12:26 PM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Welcome back stitcher45!!

I'm going to post Shawn's final jar here, hope you all like it. These are coming to you this week Shawn, thanks for your patience!!
Attached Images

Old 09-10-2002, 01:02 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Jar Crafts

WOW, Shell! For a first one, It's great! I'm not near that good. Are you an artist? If not, you should give it a try. How did you do the checkered border on the top? Did you eyeball it, or draw it in first? Keep up the good work! Diane
Old 09-10-2002, 01:19 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Re: Jar Crafts

Quote:
Originally posted by grannydiane
WOW, Shell! For a first one, It's great! I'm not near that good. Are you an artist? If not, you should give it a try. How did you do the checkered border on the top? Did you eyeball it, or draw it in first? Keep up the good work! Diane
Diane,
I didn't hand paint the designs... I just used rub ons. It was my first jar so I didn't want to hand paint it all. I did paint over parts of the transfer with iridescent paint to give it a little highlight... I used to be really good at drawing pictures of other pictures... it's been a while, but eventually I will work up to that on jars. I don't have the paints to paint detailed pictures yet.

Speaking of rub ons... just wondering, are there any laws on selling things made with things like that? Like, I know for stampers, you can't sell things you make that are stamped unless they are "angel" stamps (I think that is what my mom called them) because of copyrights... is that the case with rub ons? You can't sell them? And if that IS the case, I wonder if my painting over them would change them enough to make it ok to sell them?
Old 09-10-2002, 03:57 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Question Copy right laws

You know I always thought that if it is sold for crafting that you can sell it unless there is a label identifing it as copyrighted. I wonder if there is a site on the net that would be able to answer that question. I'm so glad you brought that u[ because I am making somethings for the boutique that I am using stamps on. I had better check to make sure they are not copy righted. Have had the stamps for a long time.

Oh the boutique that my sister has gone through a big change. It will not be like a boutique any more. She is setting it yp like an Art and Wine festival - without the wine ;-) - she is selling spaces and each artist is responsible for hteir own prodects and area. I think it will be so much better than the way she had it before. she was having a hard time getting participants because no one wanted to be a part of the first year for a boutique.

Don't know if I will end up being able to go or not. We don't have enough extra to pay for my ticket - at least for the tickets I have been able to find so far. - anyone got any bright ideas??? I will sure be disappointed if I don't end up going. We started to make plannes for my husband to come out and join us for Thanksgiving but again there is the problem of affording the ticket. He usually doesn't have to pay for his ticket because his mother lives out there and she has money so she buys his ticket. We always appreciate it when she does but htis year she got hit hard with the down fall of the stock market:mad:

Oh weel I am sure that something will come up so we can go if that is what God wants me there.

Have a good evening. Hope it is filled with rest and refreshment.

A friend is one to whom one may pour out all the contents of one's heart, chaff and grain together, knowing that gentle hands will take and sift it, keep what is worth keeping and, with a breath of kindness, blow the rest away.
Old 09-11-2002, 10:09 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Shelly, what a great jar! I never thought of rub-ons...I was thinking of stencils. You did a great job. Now I just have to figure out how to make more hours in the day to do all the wonderful craft projects.

janet
Old 09-13-2002, 07:42 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

another jar

Here is my 2nd jar... http://my.homewithgod.com/graphics/smalljar1.gif

I was wondering, what do you all use to seal your jars? And are they washable when you seal them? And what do you prime them with. I've been using white vinegar, but wondered what most everyone else uses.
Thanks!
Old 09-13-2002, 07:44 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

pooh, I didn't want to post a link... here is the picture!
Attached Images