Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Crafty Corner If you are creative, love to knit or crochet, paint, or just enjoy making fun stuff with your kids, this is the forum for you.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 4.83 average.
Old 07-13-2002, 09:44 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I finished my watermelon jar today. Still need to load it on the shopping page. It's sitting here, the bottom still drying LOL
Attached Images

Old 07-13-2002, 10:59 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

I like the watermelon jar even better than the frogs! Well, Amanda, I think next you will have to start TEACHING painting in your local area, too! Of course, I can't imagine how you maintain your wonderful website, e-newsletters, have 4 children and dh to take care of, paint all these jars, do other crafts besides, etc., etc. But you certainly have a talent, and from your craft instructions on this website, I would say you have a gift for teaching also. I am sure there are lots of people in your area sho would love to learn how to paint from you. Maybe after your craft room is done, you could have group lessons for a few people at a time!
Old 07-13-2002, 03:55 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Amanda I love all the new jars! I think I will organize a Family Corner Field Trip!
Old 07-13-2002, 04:27 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

The new pictures are great

Amanda you were right when you kept saying that the scanner wasn't doing the beautiy of hte jars any good. Now that you have the digital camera we can really enjoy your wonderful work. You certainly are quite talented. Do you give lessons? ;-)

It had been awhile since I had gotten to post or to see what new jars you had. I could never choose which onw I like the best but your new angel and frogs are sure neat. Thankyou for being so wiling to share your talent with us. I do not know where you find the time to do all you accomplish each day with you family activities and managing this web site. I have a hard time just getting dress most days let alone getting any crafts done.

I have been trying to come up with the time and ideas to get things ready for my sister's boutique in November. With so many living in this little house right now I am so limited on room to work and there is no place I can leave things out to work on a little at a time. I really need to use up some of the material that I already have on hand so guess the first step needs to be go through and see just what I do have. sure need to get busy on this

This is the first year she has had a boutique in about 6 years. She had one in her home for 20 years but that became too much and she ended it 6 years ago. This year she is having it in the recreaction hall of the retirement community that our Mother lives in. The area is quite exculcive even though the community is not that fancy (just super nice place to live ) I sure wish I was closer to her to be a bigger help but the plannes are that I will help by being in charge of the money and sales stations. Along with the crafts I manage to get done. she is concerned right now because she is having trouble getting in contact with enough quiality crafters that are still in the area and are interested in participating. I am just sure that once the word gets out that she is in business again. oops sorry to get started jabbering like that but I am excited about her doing this again. Anyone know any really good crafters in the San Jose, Ca area?

May you walk with God all day.

A friend is one to whom one may pour out all the contents of one's heart, chaff and grain together, knowing that gentle hands will take and sift it, keep what is worth keeping and, with a breath of kindness, blow the rest away.
Old 07-14-2002, 03:29 AM
Special Member of the Family
Honorary Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

My son got a digital camera for his birthday that works with his palmpilot, so I'll be able to take pictures now. The only "jar" I've liked enough to want to show, however, was a gift and I had to give it away before I could get a pic. I used a wine bottle and put the name of a friend's farm on it with some patriotic hearts and music notes (because we go there over the 4th and play music). We got the invitation last minute (like....the day before).LOL and thanks to you Amanda, I had a wonderful last-minute way of making a personalized gift. The weird thing was, that morning I had worked hard at cleaning the bottle, getting all the label gunk off and started painting it and had no earthly idea what I would put on it...then they called...and "bingo"....I was all ready to put on a design. I was really happy with it and DH informed me yesterday (he went back to help with some work there) that it has taken a prominent position among their prized possessions. Thanks so much Amanda. BTW, I haven't been here for soooooooo long and I was thrilled to see all the new jars!! They're just beautiful and the new pics really let them shine. Thanks for sharing with us.

May you have warm words on a cold evening ~ A full moon on a dark night ~ and the road downhill all the way to your door. Lisa~
Old 07-15-2002, 07:13 PM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

thanks all!

That wine bottle gift sounds fabulous! Maybe you could take the digital with you next time you visit?

Stitcher, that's so sweet of you to always help with the boutique. I went into a neighboring town here on SUnday to see if I could find a place to sell on consignment. Not much luck tho. The store contents didn't really fit my jars. Oh well! I'll kep trying. I hope yours goes well!

I've made 2 more since I posted here last. Here's the pumpkin jar:
Attached Images

Old 07-15-2002, 07:16 PM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

And here's the ghost jar
Attached Images

Old 07-16-2002, 02:58 PM
Special Member of the Family
Honorary Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Those are sooooooo cute!!!!! You know? I will be there this weekend. We are taking care of their farm while they're away.....sooo.....I could maybe get him to snap a pic for me.

May you have warm words on a cold evening ~ A full moon on a dark night ~ and the road downhill all the way to your door. Lisa~
Old 07-23-2002, 02:33 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Pinkie Winky jar crafts

Hello all you fellow crafters. I have been away from the website for awhile and the last time I looked at this thread it was only 2 pages. WOW! Anyhow, I want to say Amanda you are truly blessed with a talent!!! I love all of them. I can't pick a favorite because they are all wonderful. You have truly inspired me. I was wondering what size candle holders do you use to put on top? And where do you get them?

Thanks for the inspiration!!
Old 07-24-2002, 05:36 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Mom2twoboyz - cool! I want to see that picture!

MOMMAOF2 - The candles I get at the dollar store, if you hunt around you can get 4 for $1! The votive glass holders I get on eBay, but you can get them at WalMart. I think when I checked at WalMart they were 67 cents? I buy them by the case from Matthew's Wire, $5.99 per case (12 per case). Here's an example of their listing
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=1750134083

Here's their eBay store, they have lots of neat stuff!
http://www.stores.ebay.com/id=2940672

I've made a few new things since I posted last. Here's something I made from a Diablo bottle (a malt beverage). It's hard to see, but I'm using it like a vase, it has some red, white, and blue sray in the top.
Attached Images