Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Crafty Corner If you are creative, love to knit or crochet, paint, or just enjoy making fun stuff with your kids, this is the forum for you.

View Poll Results: Would you buy the crafts featured on this site?
Yes! I would definitely buy some of the crafts featured on FamilyCorner.com 9 21.43%
No, I'm a crafter myself and like to use the patterns 8 19.05%
Perhaps, I craft, but not everything. Some things I think are cute and would buy, while others I would make myself. 22 52.38%
Not sure. I don't know what crafts you are referring to. 3 7.14%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 4.00 average.
Old 05-29-2002, 07:26 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

One more thought. The reason I go to WalMart so much is because I am always looking for something new so make sure you put new items in often.
Old 05-29-2002, 07:43 PM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Hmmm, after reading some of the responses to this thread, I think there may be some confusion. I own this site. LOL So if I were going to sell my crafts on this site that would be ok, I wouldn't have to go to eBay. That's why I have my own site. While I understand what you mean by there not being any room to sell crafts on this site because it's a community, it is my site. So I would create a special section to sell them, not on the boards. This site is not just boards, there are 3,000 other pages outside of the message boards full of craft ideas, organizing articles, parenting advice, etc. Hope that clears things up

visit my blogs:
Amanda's Cookin'
Crafts by Amanda
Old 05-30-2002, 03:00 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Dear Amanda,

I hope you didn't misunderstand my post. I am all for you selling your crafts on this site. I went to bed thinking how cool it would be to go to where you learn how to make the craft and there be a button to click on if I wanted to buy that item. I think a community should have a place to buy things.
Old 05-30-2002, 04:00 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

No Quillows, it wasn't your post And how you just described it is what I had in mind. At the end of the instructions I would have the option to buy.

I made a bunch of country patriotic jars last night. There's a little craft shop down the road. But I am actually thinking of using eBay since they have the option to donate a portion to the Sept 11 Fund. I got 5 done last night and have 5 more to do.

visit my blogs:
Amanda's Cookin'
Crafts by Amanda
Old 05-30-2002, 04:33 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Let us know how you do on ebay. I've considered putting the Quillows on there but I am assuming I have to learn a lot to be able to do it.
Old 05-30-2002, 05:41 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Well I listed them, but I couldn't find the option to donate to Sept11 Fund. I'm wondering if they no longer have it. I wrote to them and asked, waiting for a response.

Here's the listing if anyone is interested, not sure if I will put these particular jars up on the site as a free pattern or not. I think I may keep this one special and sell them. We'll see how it goes
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=1736758842

visit my blogs:
Amanda's Cookin'
Crafts by Amanda
Old 05-30-2002, 11:29 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Amanda, I am so glad you set things straight with your post. I learned several things that I did not know from reading it. It is neat that you own this site and yes I agree it is yours so you can do what ever you want on here and no one should complain. If yhey don't like what you are doing then they need to leave.

Thank you for providing this great site. I really enjoy the message boards and the great crafts that you offer. Now I want to investigate more of your site. You are one special person to care enough to create a site where creative and interested people can share and learn. There is so much to offer on here and just crafts. Again Thanks!!

Stitcher45

A friend is one to whom one may pour out all the contents of one's heart, chaff and grain together, knowing that gentle hands will take and sift it, keep what is worth keeping and, with a breath of kindness, blow the rest away.
Old 07-13-2002, 08:57 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Lightbulb

To Sandy and Juliebell:
I felt a kinship with the two of you because it sounds like we are in the same boat. Husband working long hours so I can stay home, 3 kids and I hardly see him, trying to craft to make money on the side, etc. I wanted to let you know 2 things. 1.) I found a great site that is dedicated to helping women like us. You can find it at www.mompack.com and it gives a lot of good support! and 2.) if you guys want to bounce ideas off of each other I would love to hear from you! [email protected]