Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Crafty Corner If you are creative, love to knit or crochet, paint, or just enjoy making fun stuff with your kids, this is the forum for you.

Old 03-28-2005, 11:52 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Question How to Make a Doll House?

I would like to make a doll house for my girls Bratz dolls. I saw an idea to make one out of the plastic shelves that you can stack. Has anyone ever made one of these? I would love some ideas
Old 04-01-2005, 08:51 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

You could possibly get carpet or linoleum pieces from a flooring store if you just ask them if they have any samples available. Also, I once got a few oversized books of wallpaper samples from a paint supply shop and that could be useful, too. What a fun project! My dd is 11 now and was never really into dolls. We've yet to get into our own home so that I could start that project and now she's outgrown it. Have fun!
Old washcloths or dishtowels make good blankets for Barbie sized dolls.
Old 04-02-2005, 12:23 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Thank you for the suggestions. I have a couple of those wall paper sample books that I picked up at a garage sale acouple of years ago for kids craft projects. My parents have rentals and my mom saves the carpet extras all of the time for patch ups and the end of the rolls i will have to grab some from her.

My girls are 10 and 5 Bratz dolls are the first dolls that either one of them have been interested in.
Old 04-06-2005, 05:32 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I dont know how to make a doll house from the plastic shelves but back in the 60's I made on from cardboard boxes. one end being open on each box. You can put three boxes together and leave the front open. Leave the side flap of the open side on at least one box or two so they do not come to close together to play with. I used rug pc. to cover some floors and floor tile and towel pc. glued down for throw rugs. Used Round salt container to make a round chair. you cut a half circle out of the top half way down the side to make a chairback out of what is left and a complete round part on the bottom half to sit on. Stuff and make a cover for it or paint it and just make a circle of fabric to cover the stuffing pillow for the seat. Glue match boxes or small jewelry boxes together for drawers of a vanity or dresser. An egg carton with covered cushions or a complet cove makes a coach. I put a dowel rod into a empty spool for a lamp and made a paper shade to glue on the top of the rod. Old odd shaped small boxes will work for trucks and or chairs tables etc, just decorate to your liking with paper or fabric or paint or contact paper. Small mirrors or mirror board or even aluminum foil will do the trick for mirrors . A compact mirror is good. i cut pictures out of a catalog for on the walls. You can make a closet out of a shoe box. Make hinges with yarn on the lid side conecting it to the main box then the whole thing can be glued to a wall in a room. A pc of dowel rod can be put threw the box to make a hanging rod for the cloths. Shoe box can be c ut down on the long sides leaving the ends for head board and footboard...stuff the center and cover with blankets made from fabric scrapes or washcloths. I cut a clock out of paper of the old catalog for on the wall etc.

This should give you a pretty good idea what I did. It was lots of fun !
Old 03-02-2013, 02:16 PM
Nine Year Member

Here's a few places that might help you. I did a search and came up with theses places.

Click here: How to Make Dollhouse Furniture Out of Cardboard | eHow.com

Click here: Doll Houses & Doll House Furniture Make Your Own Toys Make Your Own Games Categories Kids Crafts & Activit

Click here: how to make a dollhouse with furniture out of cardboard? - AOL Search Results

Hope they help you.

Vicky