Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Crafty Corner If you are creative, love to knit or crochet, paint, or just enjoy making fun stuff with your kids, this is the forum for you.

Old 04-14-2002, 05:22 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Quilts using 1930's Reproduction Fabric

Hi Everyone!

Does anyone make quilts or other sewing projects using 1930's reproduction fabric?

I love the stuff! I have been collecting for about 10 years, so I have some of the very early Aunt Grace prints. I don't usually buy very large pieces, mostly quarters and fat quarters. Most of my quilts are made with '30 reproductions.

Anyone else '30 fabric?

Jenna
Old 04-17-2002, 08:17 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

30's fabric

I love fabrics from the 30' and 40's....where do you find repros? Is there a specific website?
thanks!
Old 04-17-2002, 10:00 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Hi Hootspow,

It is so nice to find someone else who loves '30 fabric! It is not a real popular theme in my quilt guild and I crave others who think the way I do.

I buy my fabric locally and by mail. I have had very good success with eBay. I usually look under "Aunt Grace" and "'30' reproduction fabric". I have also bought from on-line companies. Three of my favorites are:

www.reproductionfabrics.com

www.suzannesquilts.com

www.tatterrabbit.com

What are you working on now? I am just finishing a Double Wedding Ring. Just have the bidding to do. I am also planning a few others.

Thanks for responding!
Jenna
Old 04-17-2002, 10:53 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Thanks so much for those web sites. Though I don't quilt, I like to use vintage prints to make things for the home - pillow covers, curtains, totebags, etc. I try and scout them out at yard sales and thrift shops. Sometimes I can pick up one panel of an old curtain for a song!

I look forward to visiting these sites!
Paula (hootspow)
Old 04-19-2002, 09:58 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

I don't quilt either, but, I discovered the 30s repro fabric when I made my dd jumper/sundresses for Easter. I bought the material without them along, but they loved it as much as I did (they are 4 & 6). As I was making the jumpers I wondered if one can get 30 repro (or inspired) patterns? I'm sorry for going off topic.
Old 04-20-2002, 09:44 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Vogue makes a series of vintage patterns. They probably have a web site. Or you might do a search under vintage patterns.
Actually, I have seen them at Joanne Fabrics, too. Good luck!
Paula
Old 04-20-2002, 07:39 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Thanks for the info about Vogue patterns - I haven't sewn one for years, but will check it out! I sew mainly simple items (like PJs), but am branching out as the kids see how uniquie their clothes can be.;-)
Old 05-02-2002, 02:03 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

No I don't use 1930's reproduction Fabric however...

No I don't use 1930's reproduction Fabric however I believe I have a quilt that I am working on fixing back up that may have 1930's fabric or reproduction fabric!! I love the feel of the fabric on the quilt and I don't really like how the quilts that are made in today time feel !!
I would love to use Reproduction Fabric from that time or from the 20's or from the 40's or even the 50's for that matter!!

My FC Member Awards!

Hey, I won!