Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Crafty Corner If you are creative, love to knit or crochet, paint, or just enjoy making fun stuff with your kids, this is the forum for you.

Old 11-15-2004, 10:55 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Pinkie Winky Craft Shops in home? Ideas, tricks, etc.

Hi Everyone,

I am in the process of getting my craft shop zoned for my home business. I would love to chat with others on this subject so we can help each other with our businesses. I used to have a full time job outside the home as an Insurance agent, but I fell at office a few years ago and in so much pain that I can't hold down a full time job no more. I love to make crafts and have a craft shop in my home. I go to some craft shows to sell my crafts. I hope to chat with more of you about this subject.

Have a Beary Nice Day!

Craftybear, from Indiana, USA
Date of Birth: November 15, 1956
Guardian Angel is my angel nickname as I love to collect postcards. This is a fun way to travel the world.
Old 11-16-2004, 08:10 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Pinkie Winky Any other crafters with shop in home?

I was just checking this thread and surely there are other members that has craft shops in their home or maybe own a craft shop.

I would love to chat with you, have a nice day!

Craftybear
Guardian Angel is my angel nickname as I love to collect postcards. This is a fun way to travel the world.
Old 11-26-2004, 09:36 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

I dont have a craft shop in my home, but I am very interested in doing just that. I have no idea on where to start and I too, would appreciate talking with others on this same subject.
Old 01-02-2005, 08:26 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Lightbulb Crafting for a living...

I am hoping to start a homebased business with crafts (and with my mother who is retiring) My health has kept me from working for well over a year..(have been out of work for Almost 3 years due to the birth of my youngest) So what if we keep each other posted on any tips we receive on how to make this possible?
Old 01-07-2005, 02:50 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Hi Karen, paintingnut and webe. I, too have a small home-based craft business/hobby. I need to punch it up a bit but I'm at a loss as to how to market, pricing, etc....

I've been crafting and selling for years and my best customers used to be my co-workers. Due to health, I'm home and started to craft more simply for therapy. I started selling more, I joined a crafting partnership and now I have a small booth at a local craft mall. It's only a year old and it's slow going because we are in Utah (craft malls, boutques, gift shops on every corner!)

My sales at the booth are not great and I need to punch up my sales. When I'm crafting/painting/creating I worry that I'm not marketing and sprucing up my booth. When I try to work on my booth and do some marketing things and bookwork I worry that I'm not in my work room painting. I need help!!!

My FC Member Awards!

Curious?
Old 01-07-2005, 12:17 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Cyn this week I was watching the Carol Duvall show and she had a man who is a master crafter, that told the equation of how to price, and many other interesting facts...
go to this site
http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/shows_cds/e...2_1610,00.html
and click on outlets for selling first....

We don't have any craft malls here... (that I have seen) but I may try to get into a thrift shop that sells alot of hand made crafts. (they have mini booths)

Hope this info helps...
Sue~
Old 01-19-2005, 01:45 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Hi guys! We haven't talked for awhile. How is everyone's crafting/business going? Any new developments?

I'm going to be taking some bookkeeping classes in the next month or so - this should help the numbers side of my business.

Keep on crafting!

My FC Member Awards!

Curious?
Old 11-15-2005, 10:42 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

I have been trying to find a thread for this. I would love to talk to you ladies who share the same interest in owning a home craft business.
I decorate lamps with a shabby chic style look to them. I have owned my own business for only 2 short months. It's just so much fun.
Hope to hear from all you crafters.

www.jorabeels.com
Old 01-22-2006, 06:17 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

How are you ladies doing? I have had a business in my home and have had a store that sold craft supplies. The store went under due to lack of funds to keep it alive while it built up. But as far as making crafts to sell ,people are always asking me to paint this or that or buying what I have made. The biggest thing is to know what will sell in your area and if you can get enough out of your crafts to make it worth your while. I have sold things direct to some shops too. Consignment is not for me but might be an option for some of you. Selling direct let's you keep all the money though and if at all possible is the best way. A sales tax ID number for sales tax is a must in PA. The advantage to this is it lets you shop wholsale at a lot of suppliers and therfore you can get your supplies cheaper. The bad part is a lot of wholesale places have a minimum order which is unreal for a small business. However if you are persitant you can find place with very low minimum orders or none at all.