Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Crafty Corner If you are creative, love to knit or crochet, paint, or just enjoy making fun stuff with your kids, this is the forum for you.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 11-22-2004, 08:44 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

This purse was made totally different but again, is scraps left over from making the skirt. ( I really do hate to throw anything away)
In this one, I constructed it by laying the ties wide end to thin end and zig zagged them together. I did not put them right sides together, just zig zagged them side by side. the look is soo much different than the other style. I folded the scraps in half and added the wide end only of two ties cut to length on the sides as a gusset of sorts. After sewing on those wide ends , all there was to do was add the handles which are the thin ends of ties cut to the size I wanted.
Attached Images

Old 11-22-2004, 10:25 AM

Paintingnut

Thank you so much for coming over here to share your photos we can all use all the inspiration we can get this time of year.

Anna
Old 11-22-2004, 10:51 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

thank you!

Thanks paintingnut, I appreciate you adding the photos, I can easily understand how the second one is done but I need to get a few of my dh ties out and try to piece together the first one you explained. That one is a little harder for me to read and visualize it how it is sewn together even with your beautiful finished purses. Thanks again.

Did you happen to go to garage sales or goodwills to get the ties or did you purchase them somewhere? I've found ties can be very expensive.
Old 11-22-2004, 11:32 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I am making homemade "Peanut Butter Buckets" for everyone this year. I have made them in the past, but never shared because my family eats them before they are even cooled!

It's like making a peanut butter cup. but you use a rubber spatula to smear the chocolate into muffin cups, and then spoon in a mixture of peanut butter, butter and confectioner's sugar, and pour more chocolate over top. Simple enough, but SOOO rich and disgusting! I was going to make milk, dark and white chocolate ones, and drizzle patterns on top like they do with expensive truffles.

~*It's okay to fall down...it's just not okay to lie there!*~

Old 11-22-2004, 12:08 PM

Oh Tashablueeyes

I am actually drooling over those! What a totally cool idea.

Anna
Old 11-22-2004, 02:04 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Tashablueeyes that sounds so good, I love peanutbutter and anything I can make with it.
Stormy
Old 11-22-2004, 03:18 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

I am making neck pillows, draft stoppers, denim purses, clothespin bags, Raggedy Ann Dolls, pillow cases, chenille rugs, rice bag warmers and sofa pillows.
I'm also going to make some jar mixes & homemade candy. I have some baskets I've been collecting and I am going to put some jar mixes. homemade candy and other things from the dollar store in them.
Old 11-22-2004, 04:37 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Pinkie Winky VERY COOL!!!!!!!!!

VERY COOL "tie" purses!!!!!!!!!!!! WISH I COULD MAKE THEM!!! dont understand the directions BUT thats OK!!!! Our churches thrift shop has bags of ties for a dollar usaully!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOTS of ties in there too!!!!!! tooo funny!!
and also peanut butter things sound good too!!!!mmmm!!
I am ALWAYS trying to find things...to put in things in baskets!!! I will have to check back and see if I can get ideas!!! I am trying to find out what {for instance} my sons girlfriend likes!! she has sooo many candles thats out....candy maybe...dont know!!!
ginrav!! sounds good always LOVED Raggedy Ann and ANdy!!!! and clothes pin bag...I have used old pair of jeans and sewed the bottom....well I only use the top part of the jean!!!
oh well a little LONG here...LOL
take care all!!!!!!!! have a great Thanksgiving!!!!!!
Old 11-22-2004, 04:58 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

craftymom
our local goodwill store bags up the ties and sells them for 3.99 a bag, there are usually over a hundred funky ties per bag.
Old 11-22-2004, 05:33 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I like the smaller handbag style purse you made. I do not know how to sew but I do appreciate the work people put into their work. I still say it is such a unique idea