Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Crafty Corner If you are creative, love to knit or crochet, paint, or just enjoy making fun stuff with your kids, this is the forum for you.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 4.40 average.
Old 10-23-2004, 06:08 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Craft recipe testers needed!

Hi all!

I have a fun assignment for those of you that would like to participate. I need a panel of members that would be willing to test certain craft recipes out of a book I recently received for review. The book is entitled "Crafty Concoctions" by Sue Hannah and there are 101 different crafty recipes in this book.

Any registered member can participate in this! There is no minimum number of posts required.

Some of these recipes require things that you may not have lying around your house, but are easily obtainable at a drugstore, grocery store, or craft supply store. Items such as plaster of paris, epsom salts, beeswax, and tempura paint.

So here's the scoop. I need several volunteers to take one craft recipe from this book and actually make it WITH A CHILD. The child (or children) need to do most of the work, except where the instructions say "ask a grown up". The purpose of this panel will be twofold:

- to see if the recipe really concocts what it says it will
- to see if these recipes are easy for children to make

In all fairness to the author, recipes should be followed exactly to the book so that we don't criticize something that was our fault.

The deadline for this project panel will be Saturday, November 6th. That is the date that the results of your experiment must be turned in

If you would like to participate in this panel, please post your response here. PLEASE, if you think there is a possibility that you may not be able to complete the project by the deadline date, do not respond, as I really do need the results in on time.

I will email everyone 2 craft recipes. You may choose to do one of them, or if you like, you can do them both, totally up to you, only one is required!

All results will be put together into an article written by me, reviewing the book and the results, and then posted on the main FamilyCorner website. This article will also be sent to other webmasters for posting on their websites, as well as to the author and publisher of this book so they can see the results as well. All participants will be credited in the article.

BONUS: If you would like to include pictures of the recipes, your children with the results, or whatever, those are most welcome! If they are of good quality, they will also be included in the article.

SOMEONE WINS THE BOOK!
When all is said and done, there will be a drawing from the participants of this panel, and someone will win this book!

Looking forward to this fun experiment, thanks everyone!

visit my blogs:
Amanda's Cookin'
Crafts by Amanda
Old 10-23-2004, 06:42 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

If there are projects suitable for a 3 year-old, I'd be happy to participate.

Vicki

(moderator note: Chunky Crayon, Basic Finger Paint)
Old 10-23-2004, 06:49 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Hi amanda

i think my kids would love to participate!!!

Hugs
Debbie

(moderator note: Berry Good Ink and Puffy Mudd)

Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 10-23-2004, 06:54 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

What are the ages to be involved? The timing on this is great, since my niece and nephew will be visiting before the "due"date.

This sounds fun!
Sharon

(moderator note: Lucious Lipstick and Tattoo Paint)

If you are coming to see me, come any time! If you are coming to see my house, make an appointment.
Old 10-23-2004, 07:44 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by VickiLynn
If there are projects suitable for a 3 year-old, I'd be happy to participate.

Vicki
Well there's a good question! The book does not specify age appropriateness, however it is written toward cihldren, so I would assume she's writing to ages 7 and up.

However, I know my kids did some of these recipes in preschgool, so they would simply require assistance from a grown up to do these So yes, even young children can participate!

visit my blogs:
Amanda's Cookin'
Crafts by Amanda
Old 10-23-2004, 08:07 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Pinkie Winky

Hi Amanda,

Our son is 10 years old we would be happy to try a project or two.

Thank You

Susan

(moderator note: Creepy Skin & Fine Paper Clay)
Old 10-23-2004, 08:12 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
Hi Amanda, My son would love to do this with me! He is 7.

Thanks,
Tami (and Andy!)

(moderator note: Lick-It Stick-It Glue & Popsicle Crayon)

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 10-23-2004, 08:17 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

I have 3 girls ages 4, 6 & 8 and we'd love to do it. Also, I have 2 Girl Scout troops (ages 4-11) I can experiment with. I'm up for it!

TTFN!

(moderator note: Tutti Frutti Lip Gloss & Soap Carving Clay)

"Look not mournfully into the past. It comes not back again. Wisely improve the present. It is thine. Go forth to meet the shadowy future, without fear."
~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow ~
Old 10-23-2004, 08:27 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

This is awesome! Happy to see such a wonderful response. I am going to give it a little more time before I start distributing the recipes to allow others to jump in. Thank you to all who have responded so far!

visit my blogs:
Amanda's Cookin'
Crafts by Amanda
Old 10-23-2004, 08:41 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

craft recipes testers

hi! My kids and I would love to help you out with trying out the craft recipes. Lets us know what to do.

Renee

(moderator note: Quick Clay & Scented Paper)