Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Crafty Corner If you are creative, love to knit or crochet, paint, or just enjoy making fun stuff with your kids, this is the forum for you.

Old 08-31-2004, 11:38 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Lightbulb Card Exchange Club Anyone?

I read a post by Lynette back in Jan 2004 about starting a card exchange club. I was in one for two years (not on-line, though) and it was very fun. Would anyone be interested in starting one up. I wouldn't know how to get one started on-line but I would definitely like to participate. Ideas? Suggestions?

My FC Member Awards!
<hr height=3 color=green width=95%>

Curious?
Old 09-01-2004, 04:25 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Hi there

Do you mean postcards or greeting cards???

If postcards we have postcard club thread here at family corner.
Here is the link to get you there.....

http://www.familycorner.com/forums/s...&threadid=9348

Hugs
Debbie

Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 09-01-2004, 12:40 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Greeting Card Exchange

I was thinking more along the lines of greeting card exchange (creative paper arts, stamp art, scrap arts, etc). I've heard of some online but do not know how they work. This may not work here either. Just a thought. Suggestions?

My FC Member Awards!

Curious?
Old 09-01-2004, 01:28 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

how did the one work offline? Could we adapt it to online???

Are the greeting cards home made??? Sorry to ask so many questions but I'm still alittle unsure of what would be traded and how.

Hugs Debbie

Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 09-01-2004, 03:00 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Card Swap

The one off-line worked this way. You limit your group to a small number 8 - 10. Each one of us was assigned to hostess the exchange night. We picked our themes well in advance so we could be mulling it over in our heads as those creative juices start flowing. On exchange night, we would meet at the hostess' house with 8 - 10 cards (all alike) made up. We would each take a turn and while we were passing out our cards we would explain the processes we used, paper, techniques, etc. Then off to refreshments, gabbing, catching up and having fun. At the end of the night we would walk away with 8 - 10 different cards that we could use or to save. After two years, my collection was enormous. We didn't just stick to cards, we did anything to do with paper. We could stamp, watercolor, chalk, layer, emboss, embellish - the only rule was that it had to match the theme and they all had to be alike. I found a tote bag that I would use and it was always full. Now on-line we would of course, have to skip some of the steps and keep it small. We could set a theme, date, have our cards mailed out (or maybe scanned with detailed instructions so these ideas can be saved and archived on our own cmputers), and meet in a card exchange chat room to ooh and aah over everything. (Although, looking at the real thing is best because you'll be learning alot of new or different techniques - things you might not have thought about before). I am going to do a search and see if there are any still out there. What do you think?

My FC Member Awards!

Curious?
Old 09-01-2004, 03:21 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

He there!

Debbie, I found this site. Check it out and let me know if you think something like this would work.

http://rosa.freehosting.net/swaps.html

I'm still surfing to find others.

My FC Member Awards!

Curious?
Old 09-01-2004, 03:22 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Wow I had never heard of that before.....Sounds very neat!!! Let me know what your search brings up and maybe we can see about getting some interest generated here.

Good luck

hugs
Debbie

~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 09-01-2004, 03:29 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

It sounds alot like a postcard round robin i have particpated in ,in the past. The host sent 5 cards to the 1st person who signed up, that person picked 3 cards and then added 3 more to the package and sent on to the next person on the list. Eventually the host would get the package back with all new cards!!!

I'm just trying to think if this could be worked here....It would probably have to go through Amanda once we had a basic game plan!!

hugs
Debbie

~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 09-01-2004, 04:49 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
Hi Ladies, Just a note on this new club......

If you want to start something like this here, please send all information off of the boards, not on FC, unless you have permission from our webmom, Amanda beforehand.

Thanks

Tami

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 09-01-2004, 04:50 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I'm interested

That sounds like a working plan! How do we see if there is any interest out there? Where do we start? Let me know what I can do to help?

My FC Member Awards!

Curious?