Gift Ideas??

You're on Page 1 of 4
Go to
  • Does anyone have any gift ideas that are easy and fun to make and receive? I was thinking of doing cookie mixes in jars, but that seems so boring, are there any different recipes out there for those? Thanks!
  • Do you have a certain type of gift that you would like to make such as "jarred gifts", "edible gifts", "beads", "hand painted".....?

If you could narrow it down a bit, it would be easier to make suggestions.

Thanks,
    Tami
  • Gift Ideas
    For now I am going to stick with the cookie mixes in jars. Is there something out there that looks a little nicer than plain old chocolate chip?? Gift baskets, too, I was considering, but I am not sure what kind to give to everyone yet. Those would be good because they can be more personal. Thanks!
  • I have some great ideas for cookie mixes, I will just have to dig them out. Ill try to post them tomorrow for you.

Gift baskets are fun too!! If you want some ideas, let me know who you are making them for and I will post some ideas for them too!

Tami
  • Here is a link to a thread here at FC that might give you some ideas.

http://www.familycorner.com/forums/s...?threadid=3935
  • Thanks!
    Thanks so much, that is sure to keep me busy for a while!! I appreciate you taking the time to find that thread for me!
  • I just love to do gift baskets with a theme. I usually do the cookie mixes, hot chocolate ,coffee creamers,flavored coffees the list is endless. And they are inexpensive too. I shop all year long for items for baskets for example for a coffee drinker I would use a flavored coffee and coffee creamer a pretty mug,maybe some chocolate dipped spoons and a mug rug or coaster put it all in a pretty little lined basket and you got a personal homemade gift. I make my hotchocolate and other mixes too. to line a basket you just pick out a material you like grab a hot glue gun measure the material to fit and glue. Or you can use store bought items like bath items and a candle all in the same fragrance and a good book with a tea cup and tea bags. I haven't done homemade soaps and stuff yet but I'm thinking about it. baskets are my favorite to do. I do one every year for my sister with a different theme. I plan early and pick stuff up. One year I did a chicken basket for her. I got a pretty picnic type basket, cookbook,seasoning,marinade,kitchen timer,magnet and a frozen whole chickenand other things too. She loved it. I've done movie baskets with a favorite movie, popcorn, snacks, candy, movie rentals ,pizza gift certificates, and a 6 pk of beer too. just think of something some one likes or does and go with it.they can be very simple with a few items or very elaborate with alot of items it all depends on how indept you want to be. I prefer simple.
  • Here's another good link with over 1000 ideas for mixes

http://www.budget101.com/
  • answer to gift in a jar
    Here is acute idea for a gift in a jar
    its called Smelly Jelly
    2cups water
    4 envelopes Knox Gelatin
    2 tbsp salt
    Several drops of your favorite fragance oil(make sure it is oil)
    Bring 1 cup of water to a boil Stir in gelatinuntil dissolved. Add remaining water and salt and fragrance. Add a few drops of food coloring if desired. Cover the top of jar with netting or material,and tie with a ribbon.. Attach the following saying on jar.
    "Here's a little something thats cute by far. Its a liquid when poured into a jar. It's not to be eaten. Its not for your belly.Its to freshen your room.It's called "Smelly Jelly"!
  • sandieluvsbears, Love the idea of your Smelly Jellys I have a friend who make them and she use Soil Moist that you use for planting plants its really neet stuff but i have to go along way to get so i think ill try your recipe thanks.