FamilyCorner.com Forums

FamilyCorner.com Forums (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/)
-   Crafty Corner (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/crafty-corner/)
-   -   Gift Ideas?? (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/crafty-corner/12106-gift-ideas.html)

Debbie F. 09-12-2004 04:55 PM

Bread in a Flower Pot

This is a really cool idea too! Great hit as a gift!

This bread is actually made in a flower pot. BUT, you can't just bake in ANY flowerpot without it meeting one of the following:

1. Buy a new flower pot, and line it with HEAVY DUTY ALUMINUM FOIL.

2. Buy a flower pot designed for baking--available at gourmet food stores.

3. Glaze the flower pot, with food safe glaze, at a ceramics shop.

Of course, the easiest option is #1. Having decided that, next you should "season" the flower pot~~this only helps keep grease streaks and fingerprints from showing. To do this, just simply rub the inside & outside of the pot with shortening (using a paper towel). Wipe off excess shortening. Heat the empty flower pot in a 350º oven for 15 minutes.

Now, back to option #1~~You must use HEAVY DUTY FOIL ONLY! Turn the flower pot upside down. Pull off a large piece of heavy duty foil and press it over the flower pot, conforming the foil to the shape of the pot. Remove the foil. Turn the flower pot right side up, and place the shaped foil inside the flower pot. Trim the excess foil from the edges of the flower pot.

You are now ready to go!! Recipe is for one 4" flower pot:

:jump2:

Cinnamon Raisin Bread Mix

1 1/3 cups Bisquick mix
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/3 cup raisins

~~

Place first 3 ingredients in a mixing bowl and blend with a whisk.
Stir in raisins.
Place mix in heavy plastic zipper bag, and place in flower pot. Add a silk flower, if desired!
Tie on following recipe that tells recipient how to make the bread:

1. Empty mix into a mixing bowl.
2. Add 1 egg and 1/3 cup milk.
3. Mix until just blended.
4. Pour batter into 4" flower pot.
5. Bake at 375º for 40 to 45 minutes.

sandieluvsbears 09-12-2004 04:56 PM

:daisy:
Heres something cute my grandaughters did last Halloween. You put some candy corn in a little halloween bag and attach the following message: PUMPKIN POOP
I started to carve a pumpkin with my carving knife and scoop,
But the pumpkin got so scared he took a little poop!
It looked so cute and funny
Just like a candy treat, So Im sharing it with you,
Because you are so SWEET!

Sandie

A Room Without A Teddy Bear Is LIke A Face Without A Smile!:daisy: (^)

bar_bar 09-16-2004 08:48 PM

Debbie you got some great receipes there, and the one tha posted the link think that was Tami, thanks.

more receipes: for jar mixes:

Hustle-Bustle Butterscotch-Oatmeal
1/2 cup butterscotch chips
1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
1 cup old-fashioned oats
1 cup baking mix (Jiffy, Bisquick,etc.)
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1 more cup baking mix
Layer and pack ingredients in canning jars in the order given.
Attach recipe:
Hustle-Bustle Butterscotch-Oatmeal Cookies
Empty contents of jar into a medium mixing bowl. Stir in 1
stick (1/2 cup) of melted butter or margarine, 1 large egg and 1
tsp. vanilla until well-combined. Shape into 1-inch balls. Place on
baking sheets coated with cooking spray or parchment paper. Bake at
375 for 10-12 minutes or until cookies are golden brown. Makes 2-1/2
dozen cookies.

CraftyLdy 09-16-2004 09:01 PM

Greaat ideas girls keep them coming the hoildays are fast approaching.....:clapp:

sandieluvsbears 09-17-2004 06:49 AM

How do you make typing space longer???

:daisy: :daisy:

Hi Ladies, I have some good recipes and other ideas, but I need a bigger space to type them does anyone know how I can do This??

Thanks Sandie
Everybody needs a little tenderluvin bear!:heart: ^^

bar_bar 09-22-2004 07:43 PM

Sandie
you got up to 1000 letters to use on one of these post, and if you need to continue just be ready to post right after you post the first one, stating you got more to come as this is post 1 or something along that line..

we also have a thread for receipes if it food receipes, if it craft receipes you might want to start a new thread with the topic as craft receipes.

does that make sense?

and hope this helps.

if not then I'm not understanding what you are asking and I'm sorry... pm me if need to be.

Vrsherren 09-23-2004 11:29 AM

Jar cakes

::: I've read several recipes that you use a qt. jar that has been greased and pour cake batter in 1/2 full. Then you bake for 40 minutes at 350'. When doen, wipe the mouths of the jar and place a lid seal over the top and screw the ring down and listen to the ping as it seals. It last up to 1 year if sealed properly! I'm going to try it this year. Also if anyone wants the recipe to Wine jelly let me know and I'll post it. Looks great in wine glasses, or in those cute little bittie jars.

Vivian

sandieluvsbears 09-23-2004 11:34 AM

:daisy:
Somebody posted a cake in a Mug recipe, was it here?Does anybody know,I cant remember if it was here or not I just remember you use the microwave.
Sandie
Everybody needs a little tenderluvin BEAR!!:heart:

boggsZ 09-23-2004 12:44 PM

Re: Jar cakes

Quote:

Originally posted by Vrsherren
::: I've read several recipes that you use a qt. jar that has been greased and pour cake batter in 1/2 full. Then you bake for 40 minutes at 350'. When doen, wipe the mouths of the jar and place a lid seal over the top and screw the ring down and listen to the ping as it seals. It last up to 1 year if sealed properly! I'm going to try it this year. Also if anyone wants the recipe to Wine jelly let me know and I'll post it. Looks great in wine glasses, or in those cute little bittie jars.

Vivian

My MIL does this she makes her zuchenny(sp) bread and the bakes it in small wide mouth jars then puts caps and lids on while hot it seals and she has cake anytime

Debbie F. 09-24-2004 06:31 AM

Hey Vivian~~would you mind posting that wine jelly recipe?

Thanks!