Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Craft Club Join others and put together craft projects from the FC website, share your results and have some fun!

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2013, 11:11 AM

Kathy, we will continue to post projects every month.
Thank you for your input as that is an important part of this club.

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
Thomas Jefferson
Old 02-22-2013, 02:21 PM

Kathy, you make some pretty neat crafts too! You should submit some of them! Anyone that has some ideas, let us know about them.. we welcome all suggestions.
Old 02-22-2013, 02:24 PM

I think I know how green queen made the button pin or hairbow. Those are really easy to make. I never thought about using buttons on them.. thanks for a cute idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seleach View Post
Green queen, I like all your crafts. I had to laugh at the mousetrap. Let me know if that works. LOL
I love the button bouquet! Can you give us directions for any of those items?
Old 02-22-2013, 04:18 PM
Forum Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

for button bouquet I take 5 buttons put them as close together in a circle as I can get them then hot glued a larger button on top and it holds them all together then I wrap a dowel or skewer with green floral tape and glue to the back of the flowers then put some floral foam or styrofoam in a flower pot or a tea cup would be cute and cover the foam with moss and stick my flowers in you can break or cut the sticks in different heights and I used some artificial leaves off some flowers

for the pin/hairbowI put 6 buttons as tight as I can in a circle then glue a larger button on top and then a small button on top of the large one then I gather some lace and glue it to the back of the button flowerthen I cut a circle of felt and glue that to the back then glue my pin on and your done

the leprechaun paver is a garden paver that I painted and I made my pointy ears out of fun foam and used e6000 glue to glue them on and used foam for hat brim and hatband

the mouse trap is pretty much explanatory hope that helps all if you have any ???? just ask will be happy to help you
Old 02-23-2013, 02:55 AM

Thank you green queen. The directions are very helpful.

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
Thomas Jefferson
Old 02-25-2013, 06:09 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Green Queen and Minny those are awesome, thanks for sharing. Can't wait to make something too.
Old 02-25-2013, 06:14 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Recycled Sweater Doggie Bed

I really like the idea of making things out of used stuff. Re-purpose re-purpose, re-purpose. I love this dog bed, so decided to make one, the black and white one is the pinerest picture and the pink one is the one I made. My doggie Leila loves it.

Thanks it is very easy to make; you will need one sweater, size depends on the size of your dog. Find an inexpensive on at a thrift store. I paid $1.00 for mine at the Goodwill. One pillow, fiber fill, embroidery floss, blunt or plastic needle and a sewing machine.
Sew the neck closed at the top. Fill upper sweater and arms with fiber fill nice and firm. Stick one sleeve into the other and sew the cuff together with embroidery floss, Stick the pillow in the belly area of the sweater and use more fiberfill if necessary. Sew bottom of sweater together with sewing machine or by hand if you don't have one. Bend shoulders forward and sew in the crease so it appears to bend up. Bring arms around to the very front of the pillow pin in place where you will sew and connect it by sewing with embroidery floss to the outer edge of the belly area. It took me one hour to make.
Attached Images

Old 03-02-2013, 11:25 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

The button bouquet is really really cute! Love it . Matter of fact I love them all!
Old 03-03-2013, 01:58 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Name:  web3.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  55.8 KB

This is an ice cream plastic container and a plastic peanut butter jar that I repurposed by getting a cheaper version of contact paper. at dollar general they a kind that you can pull loose and put back on with less trouble .
I like red and black together so that is what I picked.
You know the tp cover some company had on tv. It reminded me of the ones my mom use to make back in the 70's. I will try to follow with dirrections if this workis.
Old 03-03-2013, 02:00 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I am sorry about the size. I will keep trying.

Closed Thread