Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Old 09-09-2008, 01:42 AM

Good morning all!!

I wouldn't know as we don't have a "Super Walmart" anywhere in this area.

Take care all!! Norma
Old 09-09-2008, 02:11 AM
6 yr member
FamilyCorner Addict

Go up on your grocery store website. It will list it on the site. I believe Giant does. Not sure about Walmart. I shop at a store called Redners. They are a local, PA store only in our Region.

Charlotte
Old 10-11-2008, 07:13 AM
Four Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Tammy,

I have this really neat coupon organizer another coupon guru handed down to me when she "upgraded" hers. Try doing a Google search for coupon planner or coupon organizer and see what comes up. Mine says PricePlanner on the front, I think that is the company's name who makes this particular one? It's great: it has 21 different tabbed sections like 'baking goods, dairy sections, beverages, hygiene, etc....
It makes it so easy when I am hunting for them before going shopping. My routine before hitting the grocery aisles is:
1. Make a list of items we need ASAP.
2. Pull up the local grocery store's weekly ad online to see what items and brands are on sale so I can take advantage of BOGOs or other sales in addition to any coupons I may have.

3. I then thumb through my coupon book to pull the things I need and also pull the coupons for any items that may have been good deals in the store circular.... since I am going to need these items in the future anyway, I take advantage of the store sale + my coupons and stock up... stores run their sales on a 12-week cycle so I try to match up my coupons with the sales as much as possible.

4. Final Step: Once I have pulled my coupons I stick them in the plastic baggie (with a pencil and pocket-sized calculator) that lives in my coupon planner.
I take this along with my list to the store with me. I also have found it to be good to take cash into the store so I am forced to stay within my budget - that's where the calculator comes in handy, helps to make sure I am not going to have more items in my cart at check-out before I get up there....

On my grocery list, I often put the coupon amounts next to the item the coupon is for....this is helpful when I am keeping track of my cart balance while in the store.

For these sorts of trips, I make sure I have enough time to "prep" for the trip, and to take my time ensuring I stretch our dollars as far as possible while I am in the store (i.e. calculating my subtotal, making sure I don't miss any good store sales for my pantry stock-up).

Hope this is helpful! Happy Shopping!
Jer. 29:11a
"For I know the plans I have for you.."
Old 10-11-2008, 07:34 AM
Assistant Moderator

Kari I will look that up! Thanks!

Years ago I had a neat organizer. It was made like the reusable bingo cards, with a slidy thing to mark each item. Of course if you dropped it, all your information was reset.

I bought a little file folder at the Dollar Tree for coupons. I leave it in my organizer. My lists have a star for on sale items. I need to use a C for coupon but so far I sort thru the coupons and place the ones I will use that shopping trip together.
Old 10-11-2008, 07:35 AM
Assistant Moderator

Oh forgot to add, Barbzy eons ago I made my own printabe shopping list, one for WM one for the grocery store. I circled what was needed. I should do that again!
Old 04-28-2009, 07:04 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Norma,
You mentioned sending expired coupons to the military.
Can they still use them and if so, can I have the address?

thanxandhugs, train
Old 04-28-2009, 07:24 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Yes they can use them up to 6 months expired. I have a bunch here to send too.
Old 04-29-2009, 02:40 AM

Good morning all!

One of the addresses I send expired coupons to is

Ms. Rhonda Howard
PSC474, Box 36
FPOAP 96351-340

This woman has a coupon box in the base commissary where those who need coupons can look through what other families donate.

A big "THANKS" for sharing with those who are working to keep us all safe!!

Norma