Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Old 07-26-2004, 11:25 AM

Hi Ericka-

I'm not sure it's still on the box but will try to find it, it's out in the truck... if I don't put it on tonight ,please remind me.

It cost around $26.00 I think I've had it about 5 years or so.

Anna
Old 07-26-2004, 12:27 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

woohoo 1 of my fav subjects

Here is another suggestion for organization

get a coupon folder or a small or medium cancelled check accordian folder. next put your tabs in months not catagories.

than what i do is sort by months, so much easier to weed out the expiration dates that way.

BOnnie

http://www.youravon.com/btaylor3143
Old 07-26-2004, 12:32 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Anna, do you have the company name of that box? My box is falling apart. It is just a cardboard recipe box from the dollar store. And I am looking for a different one.

I do the same as Ericka. Use my coupon for the samples. I have not paid for toothpaste since I started using coupons.

My coupon box is set by the store ises of the store i shop at the most. That way no matter what isle am in I have the coupns for that isle, I never have to look for coupons that way.

Emmalee

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Old 07-26-2004, 12:37 PM

Emmalee-

Will have to check the box when I get home, as it is in the truck here at work and I'm not allowed to run out to the truck

I do love it though just wish I had more slots. It is pretty neat it has alot like: Gum, eggs, Toothpaste, Detergent, etc. and some empty ones in the back for odds and ends.

Anna
Old 07-26-2004, 12:38 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

minicrafter i like the idea of the accordian folder a may have to try that one

Old 07-26-2004, 12:46 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

No problem Anna, I didn't mean to make you think you had to do it right now . It sounds wonderful. I once saw a lady with a coupon organizer that fitted into the whole seat of the grocery basket. To bad I wasn't into coupons then or I would have asked her where she got it at.
Emmalee

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Old 07-26-2004, 05:03 PM

Oh Emmalee

I know you didn't mean it that way... sometimes I just feel so restricted at my desk. Can you believe, I even have to ask someone to come to the desk so I can go to the little girls room? Being a receptionist overall is great but that part is not much fun.

Anyways I am home now and here is the info. I hope they are still in business, I would call first and ask them to send you a brochure or get a email address. I tried to do a search but came up with nanny's, butlers, etc. to vague a name I guess.

The one I have is called a Deluxe Coupon Organizer II

Household Help Inc.
713-487-9076
P O Box 5964
Pasadena, TX 77508-5964

The best one does fit in the grocery cart, this one fits better than most. It also has a carry handle and velcro strap to hold it all in place. I have never regretted the high price I paid for it. I just saved my change up till I had enough so it didn't end up being a out of pocket expense.

Happy Couponing Ladies.

Anna
Old 07-27-2004, 06:42 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Coupon organization

Hi all,

I am new to this board but not new to couponing. My mom got me started couponing when I was just a child. I would always go with her grocery shopping and watch her with all the coupons. I know that is the only way we had anything back then. Well now that I am married I am still coupon.

I tried every form or organizing my coupons. I tried using a binder, I tried using one of those accordian things, nothing worked. So I finally found a rubbermaid box that was the perfect size with a handle on the top. I took construction paper and make my dividers for the way I shop. I made ones for the stores I shop at so if there is a good sale I can pull those coupons in advance, and I also keep any store specific coupons in there as well. Then I have dividers for just things I buy and have them alphabatized by catagories. I also made a divider for free item coupons and coupons that match rebates that are out. The biggest key to keeping coupons organized is you need to spend at least once a week sorting new coupons and pulling out the old ones. I still have trouble with this. If you go one week and don't do it. You will soon be behind and overwhelmed.

My mom using a new coupon box that she ordered from refundcents.com. It is very nice but it was more than I wanted to pay for a box. I think $18.00. My rubbermaid box was only three, but I had do all the dividers my self.

I hope this helps someone. thanks for letting me post.

Crystal
Old 07-27-2004, 06:48 AM

Oh Crystal-

I've seen people using those in the store, it looks very organized and if I had to do it over again, would probably use one of those as I could label things more the way I want... what an excellant idea. Thanks so much for sharing and by the way~

Welcome to Family Corner

Anna
Craft & Frugal Living Moderator
Old 07-28-2004, 10:14 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I use a big box I got in WalMart for a couple of dollars. It has a lid that latches on but can be removed completely. I bought a set of 4X6 index card dividers, flipped them over to the blank side, and labeled them with categories for things I use. I organized the box according to the aisle order of the store where I do the bulk of my shopping.

When I cut the coupons out of the Sunday papers I make a pile for each divider and a pile for Carol Ann's coupon club of things I do not use but someone else might! Then I put the piles into the box in the correct places.

I take out coupons while I make my list, and put them in a spring clothespin at the front of the box. But I bring the box to the store because they are famous for having "unadvertised specials" and I don't want to miss those deals either!