Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2013, 04:20 PM

Coupon Corner~2013

Here's where the members of the Family Corner Coupon Corner can discuss our great savings--or whatever other "coupon" matters come to mind.

If you want to participate in the Coupon Exchange by mail, you need at least 75 posts.

After that, you can send a private message to crochet2. She is the Coupon Queen and organizes the exchange, and she'll explain the ins and outs of how it works.

Anna & Norma
FC Moderators
Old 01-01-2013, 04:39 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Patti - Happy New Year. Today, I saw prices going down on many items at CVS. The clerk was putting 75% of stickers on different products, so I said I'd just wait until he was all done. I visited 3 CVS stores in my city, all on the way to town and back home, purchased $172 and paid $65. What fun! I got the cutest little StarWars plastic men filled with candy for the Shriner's Kids. I do enjoy looking for things to put in their snack bags which we give them when they get to the Shriner's Hospital. I purchased Garnier Fructis shampoo, 15 oz. for $.99. It was 75% off. Also purchased some of their hair conditioner $1.57. I walked up and down every aisle to find the 75% off yellow stickers. I brought some mfg. coupons and CVS coupons with me, but used the machine in each store to get more CVS coupons. When I paid, I stacked the coupons, $10 off a $50 order, 25% off a $20 order, $2 off 2 pair of Leggs hosiery and $1 and $.50 bucks back coupons.
Old 01-01-2013, 04:57 PM
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Good evening all!!

Thanks Anna.

I am excited to start this new year. We all have the opportunity to start this year with hope and enthusiasm about coupons, and savings, and goals.

There are going to be some challenges for all of us if the Congress doesn't pass that bill. Milk may go up as early as tomorrow, and with it all dairy products. Non dairy milk subs (rice milk, soy milk, hemp milk, etc.) will start to look a lot more appealing.

Our taxes are already risen as of this morning because of this. Maybe they will pass a bill repealing the increases, and maybe not. If not, they don't deserve to be in congress representing me. They certainly are not representing my interests.

But the members of this group are survivors. We face those challenges and overcome the problems. We will feed our families, and maybe some others too. And we will hold our heads up, and walk through these days with dignity.

So, with that, I say I am excited to face this new year.

Have a great night. Norma
Old 01-01-2013, 06:20 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Congress sure does not represent me either Norma. Thank heaven I already drink Silk milk. Just bought a gallon of 2% for Judy on the Eve at Food Lion and paid $3.40 for it ugh to that and now it may be double that. Thank god for coupons.
Thank you Blondie and Happy Healthy New Year to all.
Book calling me so good nite my friends and God bless
Old 01-02-2013, 02:31 AM
6 yr member
FamilyCorner Addict

subbing

Charlotte
Old 01-02-2013, 03:41 AM
Nine Year Member

My Resolution is to be more organized this year with my coupons for them to be cut and sorted to go with me every shopping trip to take advantage of unadvertised specials and clearance sections so I can donate more to my churhch's food pantry. They have been averaging 50 families a month coming for food and I imagine that number to grow over the winter.

Roberta
Old 01-02-2013, 01:37 PM
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Good evening all!!

Roberta, the organization can be the coupon killer. And not taking everywhere is also a challenge sometimes.

Patti, it was good to hear this morning that the Congress passed the tax extension bill, and that it included the milk subsidies.

Ladies, there will be 3 Smartsource inserts and 2 RedPlum inserts in this week's papers. If you generally get a Target insert, there will be one in this week's papers too.

Our grocery chain, ShopRite is starting their "Can-Can" sale this week, and the deals should be good, especially if the manufacturers are trying to get their products out there.

Take care all!! Norma
Old 01-02-2013, 03:06 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Yes so thankful they did paying 6-8$ a gallon
is way out of my league. In fact paying $3.40 on N Y Eve
is out of my league.
Will be going to commissary tomorrow. Got coupons and list
ready. Stacie & I will be going to IHOP with B1G1 coupon
as usual still got 3 after this one. Hoping to get Gina out
for lunch one day she has yet to be there and the place
has been there since early '10.
Got an envie ready to send out tomorrow not that much
in it but figured since some expire this month P & G thought
it best to get it out. Wow 5 plus Target inserts so that will
make me 12 here plus ones out of Gina's paper. These hands
will be busy.
Old 01-04-2013, 02:14 PM
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Good evening all!!

Yes Patti, that is a lot of coupon inserts. But the manufacturers want us to spend in the New Year, so they are offering coupons to get us to buy their brands.

Glad you were able to get out.

Will be looking for that envie from you. Thank you for sharing.

Take care all and Happy Clipping!! Norma
Old 01-04-2013, 03:33 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Started another envie Norma
with a coupon from Taste of Home.
Saved $49.48 yesterday in all the rounds
Stacie and I made. Have to check register
tapes for savings today. Just too lazy to
go in BR to get them out of purse.
Think I will be in bed early tonite so tired.
And will be going to Short Pump which is
near Richmond. We are going to Hobby Lobby
and who knows where else oh Gina & I that is

Closed Thread