Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2010, 03:24 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

We have a Re-Store less than 3 miles from here. I should really check it out next time we need something! Thanks for the reminder, Blondie!

Good to know about the coupons this weekend. It looks like an extra paper will be on my shopping list.

Norma, all those pancake mix coupons really paid off--and we use it! Shop Rite had it on sale for $1.49; I saved $1 a box with the coupons. Got my limit of 4. The catalina machine gave me 4 "save $1 on your next order" coupons so Shop Rite paid me $2 to take those 4 pancake mixes home!
Old 09-11-2010, 07:44 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Norma - like you, Red Lobster and all the strip malls are about 15 min. away. When the town started coming to "the country", we did not like them encroaching on our country. But now that I'm retired, I love it that the grocery stores are all on the same street and I don't have to leave my side of town to do my shopping. I'm not a Mall Shopper, go to Sears in the back entrance, same with J.C. Penney, go into the little used side entrance, get what i want and leave.
Looking forward to Monday when my daughter will pick up my granddaughter from Greenville, SC. She flew to Charlotte with friends for a bachelorette party for a soon to be bride. My daughter has invited me to go to Greenville with her, said we will then have lunch together for my b'day! I get to see my granddaughter every few months since she is in Charleston, 4 1/2 hrs. away from me. She and my daughter and I lived together for 6 yrs. so we were close.
They say it is raining in Anderson, but I haven't seen any.
Looking forward to the Sunday paper coupons. Thanks for letting us know about the coupon inserts Norma.
Tomorrow is Grandparents Day they just said on the National Weather Channel.
Old 09-12-2010, 02:22 AM

Good morning all!!

Barb, I know your list by heart, as with many others, and know that particular brand is both our favorites. But I didn't know about the catalina. Now that I have switched to the swedish pancakes (I even use oat flour instead of regular flour in them), I don't use the mixes at all. But it is so nice for SR to pay you to bring them home.

Blondie, glad that you will get to see your dgd soon. My bd last week was very special for me. Hope yours is also.

Ladies, better go for now and get some things done around here before going to church, then I am having my sister for dinner for her bd.

Didn't get her anything with coupons, but I did get her things at the yard sale I went to yesterday. She is complaining that her ice cube maker isn't working correctly, so I found a couple of ice cube trays for $.10, and a skateboard pendant for $.125 (2 pieces of jewelry for $.25), and a 10k chain for that to go on. My nephew is still skateboarding, so I think she will enjoy this. And, since she is struggling financially, some money in a card for her.

Take care all!! Norma
Old 09-12-2010, 01:37 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Hello friends been back home couple hours now. This morning Pinky, Kenny & I went to Golden Corral near Kenny's for breakfast and they had FREE newspapers so Kenny picked up one likewise P & I and they gave me coupons out of theirs. So that and what I had here when I checked my paper and with Gina's when Judy brings them over here yours truly has LOTS to check thro' and clip for myself and Norma. I think I have 7 here. Will get what I can done tomorrow but have to go to heart DR with Gina both Tues, Wed and Friday so will do as quick as I can
Old 09-12-2010, 08:20 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Good day here in SC. There were more coupons in the Greenville, SC paper than the Anderson one which I get at home. I bought the Greenville paper for $.98 each at Wal-Mart where they have them every Sunday. I like the Smart Balance Milk $2 coupon.
Will have to meet with a roofer tomorrow and hopefully can get 3 estimates to get a good price. I have no idea what a new roof costs today as I had this one put about 20 yrs. ago.
We had a little rain last night but not much. I don't water the grass when we don't have rain as I have 2 acres to water. I tell people "If God wants me to have grass, he will water it."
Old 09-13-2010, 02:25 AM

Good morning all!!

Patti, that certainly is a lot of sets of coupons to clip this week. Will be looking forward to those coupons.

Blondie, yes, different papers have different numbers of inserts, and even different coupons in them, with different coupon amounts. You have to find one which consistently gives you the best coupons for your area.

Ladies, better go, got a busy week ahead of me too.

Take care, and Happy Clipping!! Norma
Old 09-13-2010, 03:12 AM
Nine Year Member

This was RedPlum's deal of the day $5 off $25 Rite Aid coupon http://www.redplum.com/pages/viewoffer.aspx?id=1603650 I'm assuming the coupon won't be able to be printed after Monday so if you can use it print today!

Roberta
Old 09-13-2010, 08:25 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Yes that is a lot of coupons but among them will give me savings and lots of you ladies too. Already clipped some.
Old 09-14-2010, 02:28 AM

Good morning all!!

Roberta, thanks for that coupon. It can be used with the Wellness Card for even more savings, as well as manufacturers coupons.

Patti, glad there are lots in that batch that you can use.

Take care all, and Happy Clipping!! Norma
Old 09-14-2010, 04:00 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Yes me too Norma. Headed over to Gina's to go to her Heart DR appt. Today she gets Halter Monitor thing. Got another appt tomorrow connected with heart and again on Friday and then 24th. And I will be going with her to all of them

Closed Thread