Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Old 08-27-2007, 09:02 PM
Four Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Halloween 07 Costume Ideas

Does everyone have costume ideas yet? I was going to make Ciara a duck, if I could find a cute costume, but my sister has convinced me to make her a punk rocker. I need some ideas. She is 20 mos. will be 22 mos. at Halloween. We have some black capri leggins with lace around the bottom, are going to spike her hair and put some pink in it. I was going to look and see if I could find some braclets or necklace with soft spikes on it. Possibly some type of boots if we can find them. I need more ideas. I don't know what to do as far as her shirt or any other ideas. Any thing would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Old 08-29-2007, 04:53 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Maybe get a shirit for her and make one that is kind of punkish??If you put the jeerly on her and the leggins maybe a black shorts or a skiirt too so she doesn't get too cold??

Mish
Old 09-01-2007, 07:27 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
You need a pleather jacket with buckles and chains on it. lol! Check out GoodWill or another 2nd hand store to see what you can find. Be sure to post pictures of her!

My son is going to be a scary guy and my daughter can't decide yet between a cat or a princess.....we might end up with a princess cat knowing my DD. ROFL!!

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 09-02-2007, 07:02 PM

Maddie will be a fairy. We are using her costume from dance and adding wings. We'll probably spray paint her ballet slippers to match.
Old 09-02-2007, 09:48 PM
Five Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I don't know what my kids want to be yet, they haven't even thought of it yet. My son is usually something scary and my daughter usually wants to be something pretty.[fairy, princess,etc.]

For a punk rocker I'd use a black or pink lace top and put a matching leotard under it so she doesn'y get cold.

Since school just started and I'm not fond of spending alot of $ on costumes I was thinking about making at least 1 of them a box of crayon's. To do this I would dress them in a solid color sweat suit and get a huge cardboard box and cut it, paint it to look like a box of crayons front and back. Just using the front and back of the box and holding it on with making holes on the sides and using rope to tie it together. Then it can slip over their head and they are able to see. My kids don't like paint on their face so instead of painting their face to match the color of their outfit I will find a mask the same color.I think this will be cute. I've seen it done before with cutting circles and kids being a chocolate chip or oreo cookie. First, I have to see if my dd wants to do it.

Tara
Old 10-09-2007, 12:00 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

That crayon box idea sounds SO cute!

Ciarasmommy, do you live in a part of the country where it might be cold on Halloween? If so, put regular tights on her instead of capris, and a little plaid or denim skirt on top. Then accessorize with a cute top, jacket, and something in her hair that will go with the punk rock theme.

Our Halloween weather is either really chilly or unseasonably hot so I always have to plan a costume my kids can layer under, if necessary.

My 5-year-old was given a dinosaur/dragon costume, a really nice one, so he's using that.

My 11-year-old DD is going as Willy Wonka. I got a hat at Walmart for $6, and she has black pants already. All she needs is a jacket. Time to start hitting the thrift stores.

My 15-year-old DS does plan on dressing up and going out with a bunch of friends from school. But he hasn't decided on a costume yet. I told him he'd better hurry up since I'm not about to pull off a miracle on October 29!
Old 12-14-2007, 10:04 AM
Four Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbszy
My 11-year-old DD is going as Willy Wonka. I got a hat at Walmart for $6, and she has black pants already. All she needs is a jacket. Time to start hitting the thrift stores.
So, how it was? My 13-yo DD also wanted to be Willy Wonka (from the old movie, not as J.Depp). We also bought a velvet jacket in a thrift store but made the hat ourselves. However, almost everyone thought she was Mad Hatter... Here she is: http://costume.wikia.com/wiki/Willy_Wonka
Old 07-19-2008, 05:30 PM

Halloween is only a little over 100 days away.
Have your kids mentioned any costume ideas?
Old 07-19-2008, 07:14 PM
Four Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

My 5 y.o. son wants to be a snowman Pretty easy to do with some white fleece, cardboard "pail" on the head, colorful scarf and mittens. It would be great if my older daughter would agree to be a sandcastle to match (oppose) him (cardboard body and "crown" covered with craft sand, and with some flags and real shells attached). Imagine collecting candies in a huge Christmas sock and a big plastic pail

Last edited by Costumelover; 07-19-2008 at 07:18 PM.
Old 07-20-2008, 04:52 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Costumelover, that would be so cute! I like your idea for collecting candy in an "accessory" to the costume

My 6-year-old wants to be a rock singer. He has a hat and a toy guitar already. He said that Daddy can carry the candy bag He wants to serenade everyone as he trick-or-treats.