FamilyCorner.com Forums

FamilyCorner.com Forums (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/)
-   CopyCat Recipes (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/copycat-recipes/)
-   -   Disney World's Liberty Tree Tavern's Walnut Bread (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/copycat-recipes/9946-disney-worlds-liberty-tree-taverns-walnut-bread.html)

cat lover 03-14-2004 05:10 PM

Disney World's Liberty Tree Tavern's Walnut Bread

2 pkgs. active dry yeast
1/4 cup warm water (105 degrees to 115 degrees)
1 cup skim milk
4 tsp. granulated sugar
1 tbsp. salt
2 tbsp. vegetable oil
2 large eggs
4 1/2 to cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped very fine

Dissolve yeast in warm water n large bowl. Heat milk, sugar, and salt until warm (105 degrees to 115 degrees). Stir into yeast mixture with oil and eggs. With eletric mixer on medium speed, beat in 2 cups flour and the nuts until well blended. Gradually beat in enough remaining flour to make a soft dough. Turn out on lightly floured surface, knead 10 to 15 minutes until smooth and elastic. Place in greased bowl; turn to grease top. Cover and let stand 30 minutes. Turn dough out onto floured board and cut into 6 pieces. With floured hands shape each piece into a smooth round loaf. Place seam side down on a greased baking sheet. Cover; let rise in warm, draft free place 45 to 60 minutes until doubled. Meanwhile heat oven to 375 degrees F. Bake 25 to 30 minutes until golden brown and loaves sound hollow when tapped. Makes 6 small loaves, eight 3/4" thick slices each.

Per slice: 68 calories
2 g protein
11 g carns
2 g fat
11 mg chol
145 mg sodium

:cat:

cat lover 01-15-2015 01:31 PM

Want to go fix this one and have a pot of beef stew ready to go with it!

Miss Money Penny 01-15-2015 04:27 PM

Oh my... I'm picturing this lightly toasted with a sprinkling of icing sugar! What could go better with ones morning coffee! Thank you, CL!

cat lover 01-16-2015 01:40 AM

Hmm, this is really a regular type bread, not sure it would do with the icing sugar, but to each their own; I was introduced to it years and years ago at the Liberty Tree Tavern with a big bowl of their beef stew! That is how we have eaten it since then and with Chicken Stew, chicken soup and such!

ellenmelon 01-16-2015 03:44 AM

I pictured it toasted with cream cheese and honey
Maybe it goes both savory and sweet

Miss Money Penny 01-16-2015 05:06 AM

Ellen. The cream cheese and honey sounds good, too!

CL. Sometimes we get tired of the same old/same old in our home, so Italian thick-sliced bread toasted, with a sprinkling of icing sugar and cinnamon on top makes for a yummy change to the regular ordinary, and it's always a hit!

ellenmelon 01-16-2015 09:40 AM

MMP, do you mean confectioners or powdered when you say icing sugar? I usually use granulated for my cinnamon toast, and lately have taken to eliminating the butter and just folding the bread over so the sugar won't roll off, ha ha!

I will be baking this weekend so might give this a try as both dh and I love walnuts in our food...mmmmm.

seleach 01-21-2015 10:49 AM

This sounds good. But yeast and I do not get along very well.

Miss Money Penny 01-21-2015 11:37 AM

Ellen. Right you are, confectioners sugar. If you have some on hand, do give it a try. So decadent!