Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Old 12-07-2006, 01:35 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Pizzelles

as posted by Denahowy in WFD 08/06:

Pizzelle cookie recipe
3 eggs
1/2 teaspoon anise see or extract
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
3/4 cup sugar

100% would make this again

Beat eggs and sugar. Add butter, vanilla, and anise. Sift flour and baking powder and add to egg mixture. Batter will be stiff enough to be dropped by spoon. Spoon onto pizzelle iron and bake. Batter can be refrigerated to be used at a later time.
Old 12-07-2006, 05:24 PM
Nine Year Member

Pizzelles

barbszy...This is one of my favorites all year. Thanks for sharing the recipe with others.
Was just discussing with my sister Roseanne this morning about using a waffle maker if you don't have a pizzelle machine.
I like to dust mine with powdered sugar to make them more attractive.
______
Sueanne
www.pizzelle.com

Old 12-08-2006, 05:17 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Sueanne, this was Denahowy's recipe--don't give me the credit

Might be a good day to make a batch of pizzelles. I bet Big DS can eat them as fast as I can make them!
Old 12-09-2006, 05:30 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

The pizzelles came out really good Big DS thought they'd be good with some cinnamon in the dough.

Has anyone ever tried to make pizzelles with other spices? I left out the anise (I'm the only one who likes that) but I'm wondering if cinnamon would work....
Old 12-10-2006, 09:43 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
Cinnamon will work. I have tried it using a cinnamon/sugar mix. It didn't have a big cinnamony taste, though, if that is what you like.

I have made chocolate ones using cocoa powder. My sister loved these. These are good to make them small to use as ice cream sandwiches with choc. ice cream in the middle.

I love, love, love the Anise ones!

Sueanne, I would've never have thought to use a waffle maker to make these! Do they turn out with the same texture? I used to use my Mom's Pizzelle maker when I lived in Pa. I think that I still have a waffle maker packed away in storage. If I get up the energy to look for it, I am going to try to dig it out.

Thank you for the great tip!!!

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 12-10-2006, 01:22 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Tami, anise are my favorite too....I AM going to make that kind one of these days! I'll have to experiment with the cinnamon too.
Old 12-10-2006, 05:05 PM
Nine Year Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajrsmom

Sueanne, I would've never have thought to use a waffle maker to make these! Do they turn out with the same texture? I used to use my Mom's Pizzelle maker when I lived in Pa. I think that I still have a waffle maker packed away in storage. If I get up the energy to look for it, I am going to try to dig it out.

Thank you for the great tip!!!
ajrsmom....There is a recipe called chocolate waffle cookies that is very good.

2 (1 ounce) squares semisweet chocolate
1/3 cup butter
2 eggs
3/4 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
1. In a heavy saucepan, combine the chocolate and butter. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until smooth, Preheat and grease waffle iron.

2. In a medium bowl, beat together the eggs, sugar and vanilla until light. Stir in the chocolate mixture, then gradually stir in the flour until smooth.

3 Drop batter by heaping spoonfuls onto the preheated waffle iron to make four cookies at a one time. Close waffle iron and cook for 60 to 90 seconds, or until cookies are firm. Remove from iron to to cool on wire racks. Dust with confectioners sugar when cool.

These taste like brownies. Can frost with sprinkles or chopped nuts.

Can probably use a pizzelle recipe too since this one does not have baking powder or cocoa in the mix.
______
Sueanne

Old 12-19-2006, 09:13 PM
Nine Year Member

Made a couple of batches of pizzelles tonight. Found using selfrising flour works pretty good.
Added some walnuts and raisins ground to the mix with a hint of orange zest. Butter instead of margarine or oil works so much better. Dust with powdered sugar both batches.
The other batch just did like in the recipe book.
Great to make only takes a few minutes. Using the right size teaspoon works to pick up the batter.
Used a round silver spoon. Knew it would come in handy for something instead of sugar.
_______
Sueanne

Old 12-19-2006, 10:07 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sueanne
Used a round silver spoon. Knew it would come in handy for something instead of sugar.
_______
Sueanne
Now that you say that, I remember that that was what I used too! I had one in my drawer from some of my MIL's stuff and I needed a small spoon for just the right amt. of batter.

Thanks for reminding me! I hope that you all are enjoying these goodies!

Thank you for the recipe. I am going to send this to my sister too. She LOVES choc. pizelles.

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 08-24-2007, 08:47 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I made chocolate pizzelles yesterday, they were great. Glad others enjoyed the pizzelle recipe I put on here. There is a site that has various pizzelle recipes it is called the perfect pizzelle. You can put so many flavors into pizzelles. I have yet to find anyone who didn't enjoy pizzelles too. Thanks, for the chocolate waffle cookie recipe too.

God bless.