Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Contests & Prizes This forum houses contests run by FamilyCorner and Points & Prizes. There is also a forum for posting contests outside of this website.

Old 11-07-2008, 05:05 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Win a $100 Baker's Bundle!

Hi everyone! If you have a blog and you like to cook, then this is the contest for you! if you DON'T have a blog, read the note at the bottom!

The fine folks at KidsmartLiving have generously donated a Baker's Bundle full of wonderful items valued at over $100!

Cooking with Alicia & Annie Giveaway!

Alicia & Annie need your help!

So who are Alicia and Annie? Well you see, I am doing some work for a couple of recipe sites, AliciasRecipes.com and AnniesRecipes.com that have asked that I spruce them up by testing out their recipes and adding some fabulous photos. The recipes in these two websites were compiled and entered by a woman who had collected them over many years.

Why not try some new recipes and be entered to win a fun prize while doing so? So while I do a little website redesign planning, I can't wait to see your entries!

Here are the contest details:

Choose any recipe(s) you would like to try from either website:
www.anniesrecipes.com OR www.aliciasrecipes.com

You may choose as many recipes as you like, each completed recipe earns you an entry into the giveaway. Continue choosing recipes throughout the month, all entries must be in by the 30th of the month. This giveaway will occur monthly, so if you didn't get your entry in for this month, save it for next month!

Once you have made the recipe, whether it worked or bombed, post your results (including any important comments that may be relevant to the recipe) and photos on your blog OR here on this thread. Please use "Cooking with Alicia & Annie" in your blog post title along with the recipe name. [You can see an example post here.] If you prepare more than one recipe, you may post them all in one blog post or separate posts, however you prefer.

You must also include a link on your blog post to the recipe where you found it on one of the above recipe sites.

Next, go to the entry blog OR back to this thread and post a comment stating that you have made your recipe, please include the title of the recipe and a link to your blog post. IF you choose more than one recipe, be sure to post SEPARATE comments for each recipe. Each recipe that you make grants you an individual entry in the giveaway! SO if you make three recipes, you should post three comments here.

The winner of the Holiday Baker's Bundle will be chosen at random via Random.org. Winner will be posted here and on the entry blog, so you may want to subscribe to follow up comments as well.

All qualifying entries will receive a link to their blog post from here for all to see and will be entered into the random drawing! in order for your entry to be qualified you must:

1) Prepare recipe
2) Post your comments & photos on your blog or on this thread
3) Blog post title should say "Cooking with Annie & Alicia" followed by the recipe name
4) Blog post must include a link to the original recipe on Annie's or Alicia's
5) Post a comment on the contest blog post or here on this thread with your recipe title and a link to your blog post (or simply post a reply here if you don't have a blog)

Only comments that pertain to your blog posted recipe will be counted as an entry. Comments such as "sounds like fun", "can't wait to get started", etc., will not count as an entry.

Please note that by entering this giveaway you agree to allow the use of your photograph as it pertains to any recipe you make from the above mentioned websites. AnniesRecipes.com and AliciasRecipes.com reserve the non-exclusive right to choose photos to post on said recipes on their website(s). Credit for photo will be given via first and last name of blogger.

Contest is open through November 30, 2008.

Happy cooking!

if you do NOT have a blog, go ahead and post your recipe and photo here and we'll count that. You will still need to post a comment on the contest blog as instructed, but you can use this thread to post your recipe

PLEASE READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY.
Attached Images

visit my blogs:
Amanda's Cookin'
Crafts by Amanda
Old 11-07-2008, 05:19 AM
FamilyCorner Addict

Amanda, I may not be able to post photos but I will definitley look thorught the recipes and start trying them. Maybe pass along the ones I liked for others to try and they can enter the contest. Who doesn't love new recipes?
Old 11-07-2008, 06:46 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Bummer, no camera? :-P

visit my blogs:
Amanda's Cookin'
Crafts by Amanda
Old 11-07-2008, 08:47 AM
FamilyCorner Addict

I've got a digital camera, its just when I try to transfer the photos from the camera to the computer, the camera takes fits. Only transfers when it wants to. I've contacted the Kodak company and they gave me step by step instructions. I did it once no problem. When I tried it again, same thing, wouldn't transfer.
Old 11-07-2008, 10:51 AM
Five Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

God Bless America
Old 11-07-2008, 12:58 PM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Hmmm, well if it worked once it should work again Have you tried finding this instructions on their site?

visit my blogs:
Amanda's Cookin'
Crafts by Amanda
Old 11-07-2008, 03:43 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Thanks for the information!
Old 11-15-2008, 05:11 PM
FamilyCorner Addict

Yes Amanda I did that also. When I purchased the camera I asked for the one a child could use and transfer from.. Guess I'm too old, LOL.
Anyway, I did get it working so I'll be (hopefully) cooking and taking photos soon.
Question-
Should we take step by step otos or just of the finished product/recipe?
Old 11-15-2008, 05:13 PM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Just the finished recipe is all you need!

visit my blogs:
Amanda's Cookin'
Crafts by Amanda
Old 11-15-2008, 05:27 PM
FamilyCorner Addict

Thanks Amanda. I'm looking thru the sites now to pick a few recipes. Maybe I'll get everyone to eat something different for a change.