Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Contests & Prizes This forum houses contests run by FamilyCorner and Points & Prizes. There is also a forum for posting contests outside of this website.

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 05:04 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Autumn Smiley Story Contest

Our smiley contests are such fun that we've decided to do one every month! This time we are going with an autumn theme, so your stories need to use smilies to express as many words as possible and your story should be focused on anything that has to do with fall/autumn. Some examples:

leaves
back to school
cooler weather
changing of the seasons
football
autumn chores

Your stories can be fiction or non-fiction, doesn't matter, just be sure they are themed around autumn. Remember, the more smilies and the longer the story the better! Entries are judged on originality and use of smilies.

The 1st place winner will receive Crayola's No Drip Paint Brush Pens and Pip-Squeaks Mix 'Ems Color Mixing Markers (see product images below). The winner will also receive an "I Won" icon for their awards library. The 2nd place winner will receive their "I Won" icon.

Contest ends September 30, 2008 at midnight CST.

Have fun!

===================

Story Example (this is a short version)

On the first day of school my kids and then loaded up their to head off to school. I had so much and to do I figured I had better get started. I downed some more , fed the and turned off the TV which was blaring . now that I was done reading email and it was time to get to work. A would be a welcome treat when i was finished! I felt a coming on, which seems to come with this season, and hoped I didn't start to feel as I didn't have time to be in all day. The leaves were outside and I thought about when I was little and used to , it was such fun! I went back to my and noticed it was which made me a little sad for the loss of . Oh well, next year! Just as a thought that, I noticed the and it made me . As I worked, I realized it wouldn't be long before we were , and building . Thoughts of that made me
Attached Images

Old 09-04-2008, 08:54 AM

Ahhh, fall is my favorite time of year.
Kids have to get out of early have their , and their teeth. My daughter had her new clothes on. They got and were on their way. I heard the ringing. They were going to be late. I got out. We got there on time.

Got home and , then started .

and I'm going to rake so when the kids get home they can . Then it will be time for .

We will have . Then the kids can , , . Hubby will watch and I will .

Time for and . Tomorrow it is supposed to so I will to school. Soon it will be , and we wil wonder where the went.

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
Thomas Jefferson
Old 09-04-2008, 08:26 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Lunatic

In ,the started when the wanted to take a of the and the falling all around the ,but the wanted to jump in the ...Soon it would beand the and the waited for the ...they invited the and the to join them...but it started to so they all and until they had to say ...
Old 09-04-2008, 11:19 PM
Assistant Moderator

in the southern hemisphere at this time of year is holiday time, it means only 1 more term of school until the break and a hot .
This year for our spring holiday we will be going south west and for nearly 10 hours to get there, Dubbo.
We will go to the zoo to see the wild , the Parkes telescope that helped and Nasa in the 50's(?) and we will try to visit Bathurst where they do endurance races .... and other things. I guess leaving home at 5am we will see a few of these in the early morning and I think dh and ds2 will be in the car, once we get going they will be,, and getting . We will stop for the occassional, ,and spend a few , on souviners. We are all much older and wiser so no one will be , and that's a good thing. It will still be a little but not cold enough to build any.
Once our holdiay time is over and we have spent our it will be time to come home, as I drive knowing that soon we will be in our own, can catch up on our until we are once again. I will get our developed ... is that an I see in that photo from the Parkes telescope?
Then it will be back to for 1 more term.
... wonder what ds1 will be up to? ? LOL

Old 09-06-2008, 01:50 PM

Autumn Smilies Story

Over the Labor Day weekend we decided to go on a . I to the local state park so that we could and . Miriam being a novice , brought along her camera so thatshe could take pictures for a project. The girls decided to play , then some, and . Someone brought along a and we . Everyone wanted a snack so we had some and drank some . On the home we saw and Maddie said she wanted to when we got home. The was bare so she had a nice pile of to jump in. We were so tired after that. We cooked and . It was getting close to so we all took , , then went off to .
It was such a great day with no , no and no .
Call me but I think tomorrow I will when no one is looking.
Old 09-19-2008, 11:13 PM
Three Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Fall Story

is over and fall is here.All the are falling from the .No more and and .It is time to go back to .The kids hae to go to early so they get up .They get ,I get .Time to get there and get on the .Halloween will be here soon withlots of , , , and . The kids will go trick or treating and get lots of & then to a halloween with all there .Hope they do not get .Then comes with all the coming in ,in and .We will have a big with and pie.Everyone will and chat.If it is not too the kids will go out to and they can on the .The day will end with lots of and,,and, , .We will and talk on the phone till we see each other again at .That is why Fall is a great time of the year.Now we can start going to the games and for our school team.

Last edited by playsdolls; 09-19-2008 at 11:38 PM.
Old 09-24-2008, 11:22 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Lunatic

There once was a who loved to on the phone to his friend in and in .They loved to and and but the weather was turning and all the were falling and it was so they could not go outside because the was not shining.The and the at the talking on the to the boy who was .It was almost and the invited the to have dinner with him and thebut everyone wanted to see the and to carve a and wait for the to the and later they would with the and the and everyone would and say and wish everyone a ...
Old 09-25-2008, 04:59 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Only 5 more days to enter! If you'd like to win this great prize, start working on your Autumn Smiley Story!
Old 09-25-2008, 10:06 AM

We went on a and took with us to take of the .

It was and beautiful. We also saw . We passed a farm and thought we might get our there.

The are started to lose , I think I should get a to rake. Or maybe an will do the job for me.

We stopped on the way to because we were . We had . It looked so good we couldn't wait to .
When we arrived kids . We and . We about and . Then it won't be long and it will be .

Family will and some will in for dinner. Wonder who will ? Maybe some friendly will join us. Maybe will come too.

After a long day everyone got and went . It was . We and . Oops, I forgot to . Got up again. Now I can't Think I'll go .

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
Thomas Jefferson
Old 09-26-2008, 08:19 AM

Happy face

Great stories everyone! I didn't enter this one. I'm not that creative..lol. You all deserve to win !

Closed Thread