Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Old 11-03-2003, 09:13 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

suggestions anyone

I am in the process of looking for a new scanner, thinking and wondering if I want one of those that is all in one or get things separte from one another. any suggestions?

any suggestions on which scanner is the best or which all in one is best?

I got to have a fax and scanner, got a printer already but seems you cannot buy just a fax and scanner. sort of want a copier too.

so any suggestions would be helpful and appreciated. thanks.
Old 11-04-2003, 11:01 AM
Nine Year Member

Scanners all in one

bar_bar ~~~~ Just bought the all in one Lexmark x5150. What I like about it can do copying without being connected to computer. There are so many different kinds check for sales. Think I only paid 119.00 for it at office max a printer costs that much. Still can use my old scanner did not disconnect it yet. Learning new programs is the hardest part.
Old 11-04-2003, 03:52 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

yes I did see this, but since I didn't know nothing about Lexmark
I was staying clear of it,

YES there are so many out there that one reason I posted this, thought maybe I could get some help in shopping. LOL

does it enlarge and redure?
as I think I would like that feature

I would agree it seems better to buy one in all compare to what u get.

again I just shopping to see which one to get and thought with imput it would help to get opinion from others what they have and which ones sees to get the most votes.

I thank you for your imput Sueanne
Old 11-04-2003, 04:23 PM
Nine Year Member

Scanners

bar_bar ~~~~ Take your time and check them all out. If the price is too cheap it might be refurbished. That is when they are returned and fix them over and sell again. Seen that with ones that were on sale of other makes. Yes it does enlarge & reduce. Can even send right to email. What I like can use it with my old programs for photos.

Here is a site to check out prices in any state and a writeup too.
________
Sueanne http://salescircular.com
Old 11-04-2003, 05:51 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Thank you so much you are a wonderful person. I reallly do appreciate this.

Last edited by bar_bar; 05-29-2004 at 05:19 PM.
Old 05-29-2004, 02:40 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Scanner Suggestions

I don't know about the scanner, but what I have is and all-on-one. A printer, scanner, and copier or PSC. I have a jp 750 xi.
Don't know what the xi stands for though. I LOVE IT. I can print forever, I can use photo paper and make copies of pictures with the copier. This is great when you have more than one child for school pictures and lots of family members to give them to. I just got done make copies of pictures for my SIL of her grandchildren, and my great-nieces and nephew. They were great. I did learn the hard way not to stack them together until they have a chance to dry. Lay them out seperate. We have two children. My husband has four sisters, and I have four brothers. This adds up to a lot of pictures! I am not sure about the scanner part of it, but one of our nieces just had a new baby girl, and one of the sisters asked if they could use the scanner to copy the pictures from those taken in the hospital and send them over the internet to the baby's father, who is in the Army. Told them that I was not sure how to do it, or if I had the program for it. One of the other sisters also has a scanner, and a daughter who is a whiz on the compiter. She is going to do this for them. Hope that this will help you.
Old 05-29-2004, 02:49 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Scanner suggestions

This is a correction to my post. After seeing it after it was posted, I noticed that I made an error in the name of the product. What I have is a HP psc 750xi. Sorry about that.
Old 05-29-2004, 05:11 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
We bought an Epson Stylus CX5400 all-in-one. We both love it. We especially like the seperate ink cartridges. It does just about anything you can think of, lOl ---except it doesnt have the camera memory card slots ( we didnt want them because we just plug our camera into the computer anyway--this made it cheaper).

We bought an HP all in one first but didnt like it at all so we took it back. It just goes to show that you have to use it first to see if you like it and not just go by name brand alone. For our first printer, we had an HP and loved it.

Good Luck in your research. If you want any more info. on mine, just let me know and Ill tell you all I can.

Tami

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 05-29-2004, 05:27 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

thank you ladies.... I still haven't got one... had to wait for some money... but I do want one...
Old 06-12-2004, 12:42 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Have you gotton your copier yet? I have an HP PSC All in one. This is a color printer, scanner and copier. I have used my copier sooo many times, that it has paid for itself many time over.