Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Old 10-09-2003, 04:38 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

New Crock Pot

I want a new crock pot, one of the oval types. The one I have is narrow and you can't fit much in it.
I am thinking of the Rival brand. Does anyone have this one or another one you would recommend?
I want to have one large enough to cook a whole chicken or a roast with vegetables.

peace,train
Old 10-26-2003, 08:08 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

I was really hoping someone had replied as I'm looking also. I like a feature I saw on one where the cooking part lifts out for easy cleaning. The one I currently have is small and doesn't come apart, so it's hard to clean and if you want to cook a roast then there's not much room left for potatoes or veggies. I hope someone out there can give us some good tips. SnnyRainbow
Old 10-26-2003, 11:36 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

I have the new Rival crockpot! Mine has 2 inserts. One is just the whole oval pot, the other has 3/4 and 1/4 divided. I love it! I would recomend it to anyone!
Old 10-26-2003, 12:58 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

I love my West Bend Versatility. It's large (6 Qt.) and oval and the base can be also be used to grill.
Old 10-26-2003, 02:01 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by crystalk33
I have the new Rival crockpot! Mine has 2 inserts. One is just the whole oval pot, the other has 3/4 and 1/4 divided. I love it! I would recomend it to anyone!
I saw one of those (in the box) at Wal-Mart yesterday! What a neat idea!

That is definitely going on my Christmas Wish List!!

I have a Rival Smart Crockpot. It is an oval 8 qt. with a removeable ceramic pot. It has 4 different timing levels and then kicks to warm when the time is done. I like it but that one I saw yesterday REALLY got my attention!!!!
Old 10-26-2003, 02:18 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

I have a Hamilton Beach/Proctor Silex that I really like. It's big, oval, has not-too-ugly decoration of various vegetables around the edge. I got it at Target.
Old 10-26-2003, 03:05 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

I always found that the crockpots never cook enough food for my family.. I like to cook AND have leftovers, and I also like to use it when I have company for dinner.. my Dad let me use his Nesco Cooker..It is more roomy, you can use it as a slow cooker (crock pot) AND as a roater so it browns your roaster chickens! I like it alot better than my crockpot.. I am waiting to see if any go on sale.. or if DH takes the HINT and gets me one for Christmas
I dont remember if it has a warmer option on it though.. I do like that on my crockpot.
Old 10-26-2003, 03:38 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by KimMcG
my Dad let me use his Nesco Cooker..It is more roomy, you can use it as a slow cooker (crock pot) AND as a roater so it browns your roaster chickens!
That is something I've never heard of.

What, exactly, is a Nesco Cooker ????

Old 10-26-2003, 03:47 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Nesco Roaster

My Dad calls it a Nesco Cooker (sorry).... actually its made by Nesco and its a Roaster oven.. looks exactly like an oval crockpot, only you can roast and slow cook in it.. they make a real big one too (18qts I think) .. you can just do an internet search on "Nesco Roaster" and it should give you some pictures. To me its just better buy. (although I just borrow my dads lol)
Old 10-26-2003, 04:40 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

I have an 8-qt. Toastmaster Oval Crockpot that I love. Can really pack the food in.

But, my next purchase (maybe this week) will be a 6-1/2 qt. Hamilton Beach Roaster Oven. It has the lift-out pan and oven type temperature settings. It can also be used as a crockpot. So, in other words, it bakes, roasts and is a slow cooker. I don't know anyone that has this one, but I think it would be great.

Fleet Farm has it in their ad this week for $27.88

They also have the Hamilton Beach 18 qt. Roaster Oven for $36.66 if you want a bigger one. Also, you can get the Buffet Insert Pan for this one for $16.88.

But, I'm not going to wait to put it on my Christmas list, as I may not get it and I will certainly be able to use it for Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Whatever you get, I hope you enjoy it.

Monnie :-)
Remember, for every minute you are angry, you lose sixty seconds of happiness.