Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Old 06-30-2003, 05:02 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Does anyone have this kind of computer?

Hi,
I was thinking about getting a Dell Computer. Does anyone have this type of computer? Do you like it? Is it user friendly?
Is it hard to set up yourself? Do you have support from techs with it, free or paid? Let me know about it. I am interested.
Thanks.
Petunia
Old 06-30-2003, 06:51 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
HI Petunia

We own a Dell and LOVE it!!! Although its considered old now ( only 4 yrs ), we are already making plans for our next one. Dell has some great deals out there now!!

You dont have to buy one of their packages, you can customize it any way you want to and they are very helpful when you call to order it. The lady was very nice and no sales talking when we were ordering it.

We got extended tech. service it did come in handy when DH wiped out our computer one time. They are very helpful and very friendly too.

There is a link on here for you to check out. Its about opinions on different computers. Check it out.....Im not the only one who likes Dell's stuff! Heres the link:

http://www.familycorner.com/forums/s...&threadid=6683

Good Luck !!!

Tami

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Last edited by ajrsmom; 06-30-2003 at 06:53 AM.
Old 07-06-2013, 04:19 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I had (about 5 - 10 years) a Dell Tower / Desk top and loved it! I now own a Dell laptop and enjoy it. It gets a bit hot as the exhaust vent is on the left side, and the intake vents are on the bottom, but I still enjoy it after all these years (its at least 3 years or so old). The one I have is the xps..there is at least one newer model which is thinner and a bit lighter, but it comes with Windows 8...mine does not. My hubby and BIL both work with PC's and networks, so technically I have a semi-free technician, but neither of them has had to do anything major in the way of fixing my laptop...I use them mostly for software upgrades and the like. I haven't heard anything good about Microsoft 8 yet, so I am more inclined to keep my older version of Ms 7.??? on my Dell.
If you see someone in need of help and you can do something, then do something — that goes for people and animals. If you can help out, try. That’s what I hope people take away from this.” -Alex Scroggins
Old 07-07-2013, 04:15 AM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

My husband has a Dell laptop and loves it. He hasn't had any problems with it. Just make sure that whatever computer you purchase, you install an anti-virus program. (AVG is a great anti-virus program that is free but use the custom install) And never have two anti-virus programs running at once or they will cancel each other out and leave you with no protection at all!)

~Mother Theresa