Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Old 05-07-2003, 12:06 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Any info about digital camers/ what is the Best/worse?

I am contemplating the purchase of a digital camera.
Let me hear which brand you have, are you pleased with it, and is it easy to use ?

Am afraid once I would purchase one, I wouldn't be able to install and operate it correctly,

Joy
Old 05-07-2003, 05:31 PM
FamilyCorner Junkie
FamilyCorner Junkie

DS bought a Kodak Easy Share. Around $150. He wants to add a memory stick so he can take more pictures. And wants to get a rechargeable battery pack.

I would suggest going to different stores and getting opinions of sales people too. I always find that CompUSA has compentant people. I think that's where he purchased it. Ask questions, but don't buy until your comfortable. Look for rebates too, or a package deal - battery and case, etc.

If you want a specific question answered, email me and I'll forward it onto my son. He did a lot of research. Of course there are top of the line ones too; depends on what you want to do with your camera. Hope this helps.
Old 05-20-2003, 01:10 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

what i bought

I bought a Nikon Cool Pics 2500, it wasn't that expensive but you do have to look at several things before you buy
the effective megapixels
zoom lense

the megapixels you have to find who far the zoom goes compared to how the view is.
if you plan on using it outside a lot, make sure it has an eye view as well, the lcd screen is hard to look at when the sun is out

mine doesn't have the eye view so when i go outside i can't really see the screen very well, but one thing i do like about my camera is the easy upload to the computer all i do is plug it into my computer and it automatically launches and uploads the pics, depending how much you want to spend and the size of the camera you can get ones that hold 3 1/2 in floppy's and all you do is put the floppy into the computer and load them onto your puter, you can check out this website about my nikon and other nikon camers
www.nikonnet.com
Old 05-21-2003, 10:20 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

I bought the Canon S30 for my husband for Christmas. It takes great pictures, has good zoom capabilities, and hooks up to a USB port on the computer with software that will upload pictures very easily.
Old 05-21-2003, 10:27 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

We have a Sony Mavica. We just LOVE it. We really enjoy being able to use disks to store the pictures. Then we just insert them into the computer, download them and can re-use the disks again. Takes great pictures and we've used the zoom when we have gone to sporting events, etc.
Old 05-21-2003, 11:09 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

I have a Kodak EasyShare, CX4230 with camera dock. The camera dock attaches to your computer. I am very pleased with this camera.

Once the Kodak EasyShare software is installed on your computer you simply plug your camera into the dock and press a button to transfer your digital pictures to your computer. It allows you to edit your pictures.

You can also print pictures, order prints online, email, or create album pages.

Like some of the others have said decide what you want your digital camera to do and then shop around and ask lots of questions.

Eleisia
Old 05-21-2003, 11:12 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

HP 318

My BF gave me an HP 318 (extra memory card and case, too), two Christmases ago. I have been very happy with it. Its a simple point-and-shoot, but it really serves its purpose. I wanted a digital camera to take snapshots that I could put on a website or send via email to my family. I use it all the time. It takes nice pictures and is easy to use.
Old 05-21-2003, 11:18 AM
kellyandkids

Be fair - tell me what good ones these cost you?

I can add that $10-$25 cameras are absolutely worthless. Totally fuzzy images of anything.

But I expect that it will be cost effective as for teaching photography and necessary to ebay certain things. I read an analysis of cost of the digital camera vs regular film camera and price wasn't low enough to switch if you want the prints.
Old 05-21-2003, 11:23 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Pinkie Winky

We bought a Fuji FinePix A303 (3.2 megapixel) a few months ago and are VERY happy with it. It was $300 and that included a 64MB memory card.

Easy to use, and takes great pictures.

Before we bought our camera, we did a ton of research online and also looked at the issues of Consumer Reports magazine that rated digital cameras. The consenus is that Fuji and Olympus are two of the best brand-names in digital cameras.

~Melanie
Old 05-21-2003, 11:39 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

HP 318 Price

I really did intend to put the price in there... I don't remember the exact price... Got it at Circuit City... I believe it was close to, but under, $300-two Christmases ago...