Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

View Poll Results: Which Whitener Do you like
Crest White Stripes 7 58.33%
Colgate 4 33.33%
Rembrant 1 8.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-18-2003, 01:23 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Good or Bad??

Hey All,

I have been wanting to try those Crest Whitening Strips. Are they any good? Please let me know. I am really intrested in trying the out.
Old 03-21-2003, 04:16 AM
FamilyCorner Junkie
FamilyCorner Junkie

Welcome to the family smiley gal --- make sure you browse and post to the many, many threads on this site.

I haven't tried the strips - too expensive. I did ge tin themail a trial size of whitening gel. You fill a plastic form with gross whitening gel; it was gross and I didn't keep it in very long.

I also got some of the paint on stuff. I was instructed to leave it on overnight - also gross, and it was hard to keep your teeth dry while the stuff was drying. I think halfway through the night I got up and brushed the stuff off. But my teeth were nice and smooth feeling.

I want to try the strips, but I just don't want to spend the money.

I use the Rembrandt toothpaste. The raspberry natural type. It's not as whiteneing as the regular Rembrandt. But I like it and it doesn't irritate my mouth. Some of those minty toothpastes are just too minty for me and feel like my mouth is on fire.

Last edited by Caronamy; 03-29-2003 at 05:22 AM.
Old 03-21-2003, 08:37 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

shocking Just to let you know

I am going to try the crest white strips. I found out that they have an online coupon good for seven dollars off at www.whiteningstrips.com. I will let you guys know how it works.
Old 03-22-2003, 01:40 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

I have used the Colgate "paint on" type called "Simply White". I found it easy to use, the taste wasn't bad, and you only have to keep it on for (i think) thirty seconds. I thought that it worked well, and did make them shades lighter. I think you are supposed to use it every 6 months or so.

Pam
Old 03-22-2003, 02:48 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Crest Whitening Strips

I have a friend that tried the Crest Whitening Strips and it almost ruined his gums. They got all raw and he had to go to the doctor. I say, buyer beware.
Old 03-22-2003, 03:40 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

I havent tried the whitening strips but I have been using the "Simply White"gel and I have noticed a big difference! Very much whiter! The reason I used it was because one of the local news stations here in NJ did a trial on some of the leading whiteners and by far the best results came from the dentist...but one of those sessions run about 600.00! YIKES! But the second best was the Simply White gel. The gel actually had better results than the strips, which really suprised me....so I had a 5.00 off coupon and decided to try the gel for myslef.. you have to dry the front of your teeth first, then paint on the gel and smile really big for about 30 seconds...of course the longer you leave it on the better the results so I keep my mouth open as long as possible.. it gives my kids something to laugh at LOL. If you do decide to try the strips, please let me know how they work for you!
Kim
Old 03-22-2003, 04:51 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

All I can say about them is they are a big pain! First of all, for me, they were hard to put on. Then you have to wear them for a half hour twice a day. Yuck and gross! Hate the taste and don't want to swallow.
I like the paint on Colgate whitener.
Old 03-22-2003, 05:58 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

I have been using the crest whitening strips for about a week and a half now. They have made a real difference in my teeth.

My teeth have always been sort of yellow from antibiotics when I was a child. I was amazed they did anything at all. I mean they are still not white white, but more of a creamy color than yellow now.

The taste I only notice when I am taking the strips off. It's not a great taste, but I can deal with it till I rinse my mouth.

I read in the booklet that came with the strips that they could be doubled up back to back if I didnt have time to do it twice a day. So I have been doing them for an hour one after the other in the evening while I check my email and chat. It works.

My only complaint is that the strips are not long enough to wrap around all the teeth that show, especially the bottoms. It doesn't hit my eye teeth on the bottom, which do show somewhat when I smile. And they really need it. The upper strip seems to be sufficient.

I am thinking of trying the paint on whitener afterward to see if I can get the parts that the strips dont. Even if its not as good it might help even them up.

So over all, I would recomend them. For an hour a day for two weeks and about 30 bucks its worth the effort for the results.
Old 03-23-2003, 03:37 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Hi Smileygal
Thanks for starting this thread! I have been wanting to try one of the whiteners out on the market also. It's nice to have an opinion from others who have tried them. Thanks again.

Old 03-23-2003, 04:59 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Middlaeagedmommy,
If you are going to use the gel for teeth that are further in the back, just make sure that your lips will not be able to touch them at all for about 30 seconds (or longer) or the gel will come off and not work. Your teeth really have to be dry for it to work.

Kim