Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Old 02-25-2003, 08:22 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Scum Buster

Not worth the money. I only paid $40 for it but it's suppose to do a lot of differen things yet the battery doesn't put out enough energy to do what it claims. If you use it on your carpet you can do about a half of a square foot and then the battery gives out. I'd not reccomend it to anyone.:mad:
Old 02-27-2003, 03:59 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

ScumBuster

I asked for and received a ScumBuster for Christmas. I use it to clean the glass shower doors and window over the tub. I think it works just great for that. I agree it would not have enough power to clean a lot of carpet, but for spot cleaning it works very well.

Old 02-27-2003, 05:22 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Scum Buster

Yeah, I could see where it'd work good on the shower doors and stuff. It tells how it'll bring the pile up again in the carpet and I wanted it for that so that I could use it on my area rugs and it won't work and then I'd like to be able to clean furniture with it ya know and I can't. Ugh. So it just sits. Since I use scrubbing bubbles on my tub and everything I don't need it for anything in the bathroom. I tried to use it on the refridgerator door, you know how they get, and it did nothing to it. Couldn't even tell I had used it. I'm just disappointed in it.
Old 02-27-2003, 06:17 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

ScumBuster

Sorry you are disappointed, Darla. I forgot to mention that we also use the brush tool for cleaning the holes in the tire rims on the cars. Works great, and also for getting into those small cracks and spaces around the emblems on the cars. Use your imagination and all the tools that come with it, and I bet you'll find it's more useful than you think.