Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Old 02-20-2003, 09:24 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Pasta Pots

I am interested in purchasing one of those Pasta Pots that they advertise all over....they have a nonstick interior and a locking lid that serves as the colander.
I do wonder if the handles stay cool to the touch after the pasta has been cooked in the pot.

Has anyone tried these pots, and how has it worked out for you? Any recommendations?
Old 02-22-2003, 07:24 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hello,

I ordered the pasta pot in red and when I finally got it I was very excited.I really liked the pot but after using it about 7 times the teflon coating started to peel real bad to the point I was afraid to use it anymore so I ended up throwing it away.I still have the smaller pot and so far it's still OK but I haven't used it as much as the big one.The handles do get hot and you need to use mitts to drain the water.The lid is easy to put on and off and it is a great invention,they just need to improve a little on the material they're using.Hope this helps,

Tina Nichols
Old 02-22-2003, 08:50 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Pasta Pots

I agree with you about the pasta pots. I ordered the red ones also and the big one is doing the same thing that yours did. The teflon is starting to peel. I wonder if we wrote the company would they do anything about it? What do you think?

Kathy
Old 02-22-2003, 09:40 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hi Kathy,

Do you still have the address for the company?I tossed out the box it came in.Maybe if there are enough people together that had the same problem maybe we can do something about it.I really liked the pot a lot,perhaps if the company knew about the problem they can improve it.I wouldn't even mind paying a little more for it if the quality was there.

Tina
Old 02-22-2003, 10:13 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Good pots cost a lot more than what they are advertising on tv.
The one in this pic is $99.00..on sale for 49.99...and it's only 5 qts.
Pasta needs plenty of water to boil in....and this pot isn't big enough.....
Attached Images

"A hundred years from now, it will not matter the sort of house I lived in, what my bank account was, or the car I drove....but the world may be different because I was important in the life of the animals and the creatures on this earth."
Old 02-22-2003, 10:22 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Our local TV station has a consumer advocate who gave this pot a thumbs down review. I have a pasta cooker that I never use because it tends to boil over, no matter what. The best way to cook it is in a large stock pot and just drain it in a colander. All those fancy gimmicks never work!
Old 02-22-2003, 07:44 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

My mother and I bought a set of the pans (one big and one small) for my sister's birthday at the beginning of Febuary and she has used the big one at least 2 times a week (and that's to put it moderately) to cook spagetti in. She has not had the coating come off, and if it did, she could take them back because we bought the set at WalMart. I am waiting to get that same set for my birthday (or my DH because he does most of the cooking) and if I don't get it, I'll be purchasing a set for myself. It is red, so I'm sure it's the same one as the one they sell on TV, but it was nice to get it locally and save on shipping and wondering if it would show up or when it would, and I could take it back to the store if I needed to.
Old 02-23-2003, 07:59 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Hi if you have the name of the company who manufactured the pots..look them up on the internet and do please tell them the problem...the coating should not come off...it could just be a problem in the factory. Or take it back where you got it...if they won't give you your money back..they should give you a new set. If you still have problems...ask for the manager.

I am with Jeannie, if you want your cookware to last, you have to shell out the extra money.

We had a problem with ice cream scoops..my hubby eats ice cream almost every day...the coating comes off, or starts to rust even after it is rinsed and dried. I got him and ice cream spade ...made by Good Grips...cost $7.00(I know alot) but I have had it for years now! I give them as gifts to ice cream lovers...everyone loves it. You can dig out really hard ice cream too!

janet
Old 02-23-2003, 10:01 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Yeppers.. I bought a full set of Farberware stainless cookware in 1964... this is 2003 and I'm still cooking in these pots. I've added a few more that I can't do without...but if you want good pots... you have to shell out the cash for them.

"A hundred years from now, it will not matter the sort of house I lived in, what my bank account was, or the car I drove....but the world may be different because I was important in the life of the animals and the creatures on this earth."
Old 02-23-2003, 04:16 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

I agree with you all saying that you have to shell out money for good things. The cookware I use is Calphalon and it is very expensive.

But sometimes people buy something for convenience, such as the pasta pots, that are primarily used to drain noodles. Sometimes you just want to give your gourmet cookware a break!

I'm going to do some research on the company and if I found out anything I'll let Tina know.

Kathy