Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 10-28-2002, 01:08 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Question Anyone use the Sh-Mop

Have any of you tried the Sh-Mop? I was wondering if it is good and worth the purchase. I have gone through so many mops and just can't seem to find one I like.

Thanks for the Help
Old 11-02-2002, 05:08 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

I totally understand your frustrations with mops! I also have tried a ton of mops, most of which drove me crazy.

Yes, I have bought a Sh-Mop before, and yes, I really liked it for a while. I'm not sure why I stopped using it, but I did, and gave it to a friend, who seems to be really liking it.

What I liked about the Sh-Mop was that I only needed one mop for both dry and wet mopping, and I could throw the terry cloth part into the laundry to be reused for many years (therefore saving money!). But, now I'm back to using a "professional" style mop (bought from Don Aslett's company) for dry mopping, and a regular squeeze-sponge mop for wet mopping.

I do regret giving my Sh-Mop to my friend.

Find out more about autism at:
Autism Research Institute
Old 11-02-2002, 05:57 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

I am out of the loop....what is a sh-mop?

janet
Old 11-02-2002, 07:08 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Sh-mop

Me too! I have never heard of that. What is it?
Kat
Old 11-03-2002, 03:27 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

sh Mop!

I love my sh mop..and haven't used anything else since I got mine. I got mine from the company that installed my hardwood floors.
Its a big flat panel made of plastic that has a handle attached to it. The head swivels 360 degrees......and has a terry cloth cover that fits onto it. You throw a couple of the terry cloth covers in a sink with water and your cleanser...wring it out a bit..place on mop head..and you can clean a floor in record breaking time. I pull the terry cloth cover off..throw it back in the sink and grab anthoer cover and keep mopping. You don't have to have TWO covers..but I just like to do it that way. You can eliminate the need for a bucket and all that mess. After I'm finished, I just throw the terry cloth covers in the washer...or just rinse them out and hang them to dry.
I use the shhhhhhh mop on my hardwoods also. I just spray with the hardwood cleaner..and run the mop over the hardwoods!
I LOVE MY SHHHHH MOP!!
Old 11-03-2002, 12:56 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

If you want to see a photo of the Sh-Mop, you can try close to the bottom of this page:

http://www.safehomeproducts.com/SHP/ES/SH-MOP.asp

Old 11-03-2002, 03:08 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

TeresaR, Thanks so much for the link to Sh-mops...they look great. I think I will buy one of these types of mops maybe after Xmas...or should I get one for DH for Xmas?? LOL

janet
Old 11-04-2002, 03:01 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hi Janet...

about getting one for your dh for Christmas!

By the way, the link I gave is not the only place you can get a Sh-Mop. I think The Clean Team (http://www.thecleanteam.com) has a better deal overall (if you add up the pole, base, and 3 cloths), and other stores or sites may have them too.

Have fun with it!

Old 11-07-2002, 07:36 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

WOW! Thanks so much for the information and sites about this mop. I absolutely can't find a mop that I like to save my life. I hate going to the store and spending $10 on a cheap mop! This thing looks great and the cleanteam link DOES have a better deal as far as shipping. Thanks again! I can't wait to get it ordered and have it here. I just love appliances and gadgets. My mother-in-law thinks I'm weird and says I'm the only woman she's ever known who asks for these things as gifts. I think I'll add it to my gift list.

Editor of FREE Penny Pincher freebie newsletter:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LOLPennyPincher/

Subscribe: [email protected]

Special Member of the Family
Become an Honorary Member

Old 11-07-2002, 09:32 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

I'd be interested to hear how you all like it after you buy it!

Nagymom, I love cleaning and kitchen gadgets too (so does my sister...wonder if it's genetic?? ) I just bought some stuff from The Clean Team, including an ostrich feather duster which I'm training my 6 and 4 YOs to use (they are fascinated by the feathers and are eager to use it...nah, I'm not a sneaky mom! )