Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 11-07-2002, 07:29 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

mops

I'd never heard of the sh-mop. I have one of those floor steamers and I love it. I'm wanting to get a steam buggy. If it works as good as the floor steamer I think I'd be happy. Has anyone used one of those? I'd really like to hear what you think. Thanks.
Old 11-08-2002, 04:03 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

uismother, I have a Steam Buggy and I love it. I got mine for Christmas 2 years ago and even use it to clean my fridge. It is useful for every area of the house. I know Euro-Pro makes one too (HSN carries it) and they have a couple of features that the steam buggy doesn't--such as wheels that turn. (SB looks like wheels but aren't--big deal) and Euro-Pro has a switch to turn it off which I DO like and my sb doesn't have.
I highly recommend it. Use it to clean the toilets (HATE that job by hand) car wheels, floors, sinks, etc. My m-i-l even bought one because I like it so much! Let me know if you buy one what, you think.

Jayne

Editor of FREE Penny Pincher freebie newsletter:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LOLPennyPincher/

Subscribe: [email protected]

Special Member of the Family
Become an Honorary Member

Old 11-08-2002, 06:57 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

I have a better deal for you all!!!!!

Go to www.greatcleaners.com. They have one called the Glo-Mop that is only 18.99 for the entire mop and two covers. It even comes with a telescoping handle so you can adjust the length and makes it easier to store. Additional covers are availabe for 14.99 for 3 of them. I love their Orange Clean Floor Cleaner too. It has a great orange scent and leaves my kitchen floor sparkling white.
Like many of you, I had tried many mops to clean my floor, but with three busy little tomboyish girls and a DH who never seem to remember to take off their shoes, I had just about given up on cleaning my floor. Then I ordered some Oxi-Clean cleaners and laundry detergent (also great for cleaning my DH's dirty work clothes and everything else, even add a scoop of Oxi-Clean to my carpet shampooer for great looking carpet.) from this website after seeing an infomercial. I saw this mop in the catalog that came with my order and thought "why not?". I have now had it almost a year and use it at least weekly and still have only the two covers that came with it. Good mopping to you all!!!!
Old 11-08-2002, 11:26 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

chuckle steam buggy

Thanks, nagymom. Now I know what to tell my mom to get me for Christmas.
Old 11-10-2002, 03:48 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hi skhoffman,

Now I'm intrigued! Does the Glo-Mop also swivel in every direction without a problem? That's the feature I like best about the Sh-Mop. I also like Oxy-Clean products...I'm especially happy about the fact that it's not toxic like many cleaners on the market are. We take off our shoes when we enter the house, so fighting major grime and dirt is not an issue; I just use my homemade "lightly lavender" spray with my mop.

Find out more about autism at:
Autism Research Institute
Old 11-10-2002, 04:36 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Ooooooo I LOVE lavendar! That and lilac are some of my favorite scents. What exactly is lightly lavendar spray and how do you make it?
I'm curious about the glo mop too. I told one of my dd's about the sh-mop and requested if for Christmas.

Jayne

Editor of FREE Penny Pincher freebie newsletter:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LOLPennyPincher/

Subscribe: [email protected]

Special Member of the Family
Become an Honorary Member

Old 11-11-2002, 07:04 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

chuckle

TeresaR,
Yes, in fact I think it is the exact same mop, because it has BONA imprinted on the top of the base. Congratulations on your family removing their shoes before they come in. I'm working on my kids to do that, but my husband grew up being able to just walk in the house, so that is a battle I will probably never win!!
How do you make your lavender cleaner, that sounds great for my bathroom, since that doesn't get as dirty.
Old 11-11-2002, 03:39 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

TeresaR, I the smell of Lavender too! How do you make it? I am so anxious to hear!

janet
Old 11-11-2002, 04:14 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hey ladies,

Here's the recipe for Lightly Lavender (it's from the book Better Basics for the Home by Annie Berthold-Bond):

-1 teaspoon essential oil of lavender (which you can get at a healthfood store or online)
-2 cups water

Combine the ingredients in a spray bottle, shake to blend, then spray. There's no need to wipe off {although I do, depending on how I'm using it}. Shelf-life: indefinite

The author also says "I like to have this spray in the bathroom to use as a final rinse on the vanity countertop or after cleansing the toilet. It has a lovely scent, and lavender is highly antiseptic."

I use it for everything: bathrooms, washing the floors, air freshener...I love the smell of lavender!

skhoffman, as for husbands and shoes, my dh grew up never removing his either, but after suffering from athletes' foot and toenail fungus, he is now a firm believer in taking his shoes - for both health and cleanliness reasons! I guess you CAN teach an old dog new tricks...

Find out more about autism at:
Autism Research Institute
Old 11-11-2002, 07:02 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Thanks TeresaR, for getting back so quickly...I am going to look for the essential oil lavender online. Thanks ever so much...do you think you could also lightly spray your sheets for that wonderful smell too? or will it stain the sheets?

janet