Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Old 11-16-2002, 08:59 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Awhile back I suggested the Epson C-60 printer for around $49.95. Forgot to mention that you have to buy the USB cable separate for about $19.99 but I heard that Wal-Mart has them for less.
Old 11-16-2002, 12:39 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Computer printers

Hi...does anyone know anything about the HP that is a printer, scanner and copy machine all in one? I saw one in Walmart for less than $150.00 and it looks neat! Or, would you suggest perhaps buying each unit separate; in case one of the parts goes 'kerfluie' then at least I would have the other to still use? Hmmm....that is beginning to make more sense to me; so perhaps I ans. my own question. :p
Also, going to go and check out the HP that someone suggested. That sounds like a great price, and I could still get the scanner too, for about the same price?
Thanks so much for your great help!
Phillipians 4:13 God bless you all!
Old 11-16-2002, 02:48 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hi Hapiladi. I bought an HP PSC 500 printer-scanner-copier "All-In-One" machine when the all-in-one machines first came out and have had the same one ever since with no problems. I paid $299 for it but a few months later the price dropped to $199 and now I hear that some of the All-in-One machines are even less. I haven't looked at the new ones to suggest a certain one to you but I'd stay away from Lexmark and probably also HP. They suck up ink like crazy and the cartridges are very expensive. To give you and idea...the cheapest I can find them is in twin packs at Sam's Wholesale Club and when I buy a 2-pack of black and a 2-pack of the color it costs me $100. Like others have said you can read reviews on Epinion.com and CNet.com to find out which machines are best. Good luck.
Old 11-16-2002, 02:56 PM
Nine Year Member

Printer Working

I am so glad my Printer is working again. I was lost without it since I copy every recipe that I like. Make up Blood Pressure forms for my DH so he can give them to the Dr. when he goes. Looks real neat and professional.

I think I did everything in the book to get it going. Even uninstalled the program and put it back. Banged it, shook it and even called it names. Finally stuck my hand where the ink cartridges park and gave them a push on the track. Heard something click probably the off & on Switch. Now it take commands from me. Guess I better clean it off with all the black hand prints.

http://notebook.organizedhome.com/forms.shtml

Old 12-01-2002, 06:42 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

New Printer,

Well, I finally got a new printer...my old one just got fried...would not budge or print and did all I could to get it to work. It was just a cheapy one that came with my system...now I got an HP from Office Max. $125.00 after rebate. It is fantastic...I am impressed. It prints quality pictures and when you use glossy...they are great! The pictures are true to color, and they are crisp! So this turned out to be my early Xmas gift from my hubby...last year he surprised me with a scanner, copier, fax. Now I think I will start to upgraded other computer parts. lol

janet
Old 12-27-2002, 04:17 PM
BoggsZ

I have a epson C-60 and it does pictures really well i do alot of labels and t-shirt transfers only bad thig is the ink is kind of expensive but I found that buying it online is a lot cheaper. Hope this helps
Attached Images

Old 12-27-2002, 04:27 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Hi! I was in the middle of making Christmas cards and my old printer died...I use my printer daily and could not be without it...off to Office Max I went and got an HP Deskjet 5550...it is so much better than the Cannon I was using...I get picture quality photos and true colors.

Thank you all for all of your help.

Now my next upgrade...more memory, has anyone done that themselves???

janet
Old 12-27-2002, 04:38 PM
BoggsZ

Sueanne, Thanks so much for the link I love it I needed the blood presseur tracker sheet for my cliant I word in Home health and this form will be great thank so much.
Old 12-27-2002, 06:45 PM
Nine Year Member

Karen..... Glad I could be of help. Posted that in Nov printer is still working. Even my scanner started acting up. Deleted the program and inserted it again. Been working fine. The new 3 in one machines have really come down in price & they print beautiful photos. Hopefully these will last for a couple more years.