Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Old 09-27-2002, 12:08 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Love my Hoover!

I have the Hoover with 5 rotating brushes, and it works great! At least, until the carpet is too old or worn out to fix. I use mine a lot on my kitchen floor too instead of mopping. It scrubs up the dirt, and is much easier than repeatedly wringing out a mop.

I wish I had gotten the model with the two rotating scrubbers on the attachment. That would have been great for cleaning showers and stuff like that.

Like another message said, be sure you rinse well. I always just use really hot water and no soap. I heat the water in a pan on the stove to boiling, then shampoo with that. Then I just have to spot clean some of the more stubborn spots with carpet shampoo. If you use the shampoo, be sure you go back over it with plain water and some vinegar to get as much soap out as possible.

Janey
--------------------
Scrap In A Snap #11019
Independent Instructor
http://TheCropStop.homestead.com
Old 10-16-2002, 11:26 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Well, I may be a little late on this subject, but all of your comments convinced me to finally get one! We got the Bissel Pro-Heat with the scotchguard and we love it!

I can't believe how well it cleaned the carpet and our couch/loveseat! We were going to throw out the couch/loveseat when we move next month, our kitten 'sprayed' them in Jan. before we got her fixed and I couldn't find anything to get the smell out. It is gone!! That alone was worth the $250 I spent on the machine! I can't wait to use it on the carpets in the new house.

Thanks for all of your input!
Kelli
Old 10-17-2002, 03:07 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

chuckle I am glad you me mentioned that

Thanks for mentioning to use the vinegar, I never thought of that. I assume not too much. I like using carpet shampoo, and lots of rinsing. I will add some vinegar. I like the Hoover I bought, but if that wears out I will try one of the others, by then there will be better models and features anyway. This one is fairly new. Have a good day.
Old 11-02-2002, 10:11 AM
Nine Year Member

Carpet Cleaning

Today is a nice dry day only 74 degrees opened all the windows and started up the carpet cleaner. The last time we did it was in September. This time it dried real fast since we did not have to clean as much. Still satisfied with the Hoover. Would like to try it on the upholstery with the small brush attachment. With allergies this should help alot. Sueanne
Old 11-08-2002, 03:07 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

hoovers are great , but i dont own one,,my sister use to have one years ago, she loaned it to my stepdaughter,sometime ago when she moved up north,and never got it back:mad:

but my son is a carpet cleaner,he works for a big company here in michigan,,he stop by last night and cleaned my carpets,smells so fresh when he gets done,,i guess its the special deoderizer he uses when he gets finished,,but sure does a good job on them,,
Old 11-08-2002, 02:22 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

chuckle

bonnie--

Lucky you, to have a son in the carpet-cleaning business! I did mine this afternoon while DH was out playing bridge. I even tried the vinegar in the rinsing as was suggested by others on this thread. It did make a difference. I just don't know where the dirt comes from with only two of us here, but it does, as careful as we are. It does look a lot better again.

Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Cry, and you cry alone.
Old 11-08-2002, 04:48 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

yes mam,i do consider my self very lucky,because if he did nt do them ,then i would have to.,
Attached Images

Old 11-08-2002, 06:45 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

chuckle

bonnie50--

I get a kick out of your attachments. I wish I could do that. I've seen so many cute ones.

Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Cry, and you cry alone.
Old 11-09-2002, 02:43 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

i wish i could do this,,a friend of mine on another website made this for me,,i cant do much on here except type,,i downloaded
anfy 2.0 so im gonna try and learn how to use,it to make things,but i dont no why my java thingie dont work,or it at least it says my browser dont support java,i have snow cards from
castlemountain.com,and when i go in to them,the snow is suppose to fall,and that want work either,but it suppose to, it did before,but dont no what happen,,