Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Old 02-28-2009, 11:33 AM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Does anyone use Skype? How does it work?
Old 02-28-2009, 11:55 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
I'm eagerly awaiting to read some opinions on this as well.

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 03-02-2009, 06:59 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

My Dd was going to use Skype this past summer when she was overseas. Unfortunately she did not have internet access other than a public internet at the library so we were unable to do it.
Her friends in other locations used it and were able to stay in touch with their family and friends while they were overseas. I think the thing they liked the best was that they were able see each other as they were away from home all summer.
Old 03-02-2009, 11:50 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Skype is a great program..my dad uses it all the time to communicate with his buisnesses and wit us...I have talked to Patti and Meg using it......no cost involved...just a mic needed.......I have not re hooked it up since my computer crashed ......easy to use.....just download the program...

Hugs debbie

Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 03-02-2009, 07:04 PM
Nine Year Member

I have a friend that talks to relatives in Italy. They are saving alot of money instead of using the phone. Once you set a time for both to be on the computer the rest is easy.

Sounds like a good way to keep in touch.
______
Sueanne

Old 03-06-2009, 11:03 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I have Skype, but I don't use it as often as I did during college (in 2007). It is another form of PC messaging. You can use PC camera to send pictures as well as text over the internet and in some case you can make phone calls too.
If you see someone in need of help and you can do something, then do something — that goes for people and animals. If you can help out, try. That’s what I hope people take away from this.” -Alex Scroggins
Old 03-07-2009, 03:18 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

LOve Skype

I use Skype all the time. I use it mostly PC to PC and have never used the video capability as I can't be bothered to hook up my web cam. My brother has a web cam visit from Australia to UK one Sunday afternoon a week as he and a friend and wives have a drink and a chat together. I just downloaded the program and found it really easy to setup and use.

I have just moved into a temproary home and have no land line telephone so have bought Skype credits which allows me to ring home telephones from my computer and talk. All I need is my microphone. Cheaper than using my cell phone.

I wholeheartedly give Skype a tick of approval.
Old 09-15-2012, 02:49 AM
Forum Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Skype is mostly use for video chat.People use that to talk with their relatives and friends outside their country and save money with that but i think now Facebook also make video call easy so no need to download Skype........
Old 09-15-2012, 08:34 AM
6 yr member
FamilyCorner Addict

I use Skype to talk to my kids and grandkids. Once you download it on a computer that has a webcam or a webcam attached to it. You have find the person to call on Skype. They have to be signed in so you can talk to them. It has a slight delay so take your time. It took me sometime to get use to it.

Charlotte
Old 09-05-2013, 10:10 PM
Nine Year Member

Just got a new laptop so connecting on Skype was a breeze. Talking and seeing everyone was better than on a telephone. We laughed and cried the first time seeing relatives I have not seen in years. I would recommend it.