Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Old 01-05-2005, 12:51 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Kenmore HE4T

Has anyone heard anything about the front loading washer/dryer by Kenmore? I saw an add saying they have new colors...have you seen anything about this? I've always liked the Kenmore brand...
Old 01-19-2005, 02:38 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I've seen commercials but that's all. They look enormous!!!! From the pictures it looks like the size of a refrigerator, for each appliance. I haven't seen them in person so I don't know if that's really the size.
Have you gone to the library and checked out Consumer Reports?
Old 01-27-2005, 11:54 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

that's a good suggestion barbzy! I've actually seen and heard a lot of buzz about these appliances lately...you're right, they do look big, but I think you have an option of including or excluding the bottom storage tray...

i checked out the colors too...if you want to see them it's http://www.kenmore.com/colors

What do you think?
Old 01-27-2005, 12:01 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

We have the HE3 set. We don't have the pedestals, since it would have been an extra $150.00 each. 18 months ago, when we bought the washer and dryer it was considerably more to get them in black, which was the only other choice.

I would not trade this set of appliances for anything else in the world. They work so well, with GA clay mud and DH painting business, clothes are cleaner than ever, water is saved and we use much less detergent and fabric softner.

Hope this helps!

Be Good!
Sharon

If you are coming to see me, come any time! If you are coming to see my house, make an appointment.
Old 01-28-2005, 05:19 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Hi Sharon, thanks so much for the info!! That's great!! The more I learn about the HE3/4 appliances, the more I'm liking what I hear.

I'm a big fan of the water/energy saving features. I also saw that the HE4Ts have a setting called "kids wear cycle", that aims for the typical grass, milk, food stains. I think the new colors are pretty fun...the blue is great!

Sounds like these Kenmores really do make a difference...are there any other features you like?
Old 01-28-2005, 05:59 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

We just love the whole package. They are easy to use, and despite the initial cost we are actually saving money.

If you are ever in NE GA, come over and wash a load or two!

Be Good!
Sharon

If you are coming to see me, come any time! If you are coming to see my house, make an appointment.
Old 01-31-2005, 06:42 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

LOL, thanks Sharon...there's nothing like good laundry and good company to make your day

I actually went to Sears to check out some washers/dryers this week. The colors looked fantastic. I agree with you that if you get a good machine it ends up saving you money in the long run...and they also had a promotion going for a year's supply of the high efficency detergent if you purchase the HE4Ts...I think it ends today, but that definitely helps cut down yearly laundry costs, right?!

Thanks for your great info and advice...I'm still in the looking/buying process...knowing me, it will take a while...
Old 01-31-2005, 06:48 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Most detergents that are out now are the "high efficiency" type. Ultra concentrated. You can use either liquid or powder and you use much less than you would with a top load. I never thought that 2 tablespoons of concentrated bleach would make my whites look so great!

I noticed you are in Miami. We lived in Cape Coral for 16 years. Right now I am really missing the beach! I'm north of Atlanta now.

Let me know if you ever get these. You will love them!

Be Good!
Sharon

Old 02-01-2005, 12:24 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

That's interesting! I didn't know that most were high efficency...I'm way behind the game But I really do like the HE4Ts...and I keep thinking about how nicely a blue set would fit in my place!!

It definitley makes a difference being in a warm place!! I've never been to Atlanta but I hear it's wonderful!!