Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Old 05-12-2004, 12:27 AM
The Original Coupon Queen
FamilyCorner Fanatic

For the ladies who still use razors, for shaving.....Have you tried the new one by Shick..."Intuitions"? I love it. What are your impressions?

Carol Ann
Old 05-12-2004, 09:01 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Carol Ann, I got one of those razors free but have not yet tried it. I figured I'd wait until I run out of blades for the razor I have! Right now I'm using a Gillette Venus and I'm really impressed with it. It does great with just soap & water, so I don't have to buy shaving cream.
I wonder how long those blades on the Intuition last? I'm sure the built in shave gel can't last too long....

I have another question. I got a box of that Reynolds Release Foil super cheap...and DH used most of it wrapping pizza. It has a very slick feel to it and it really is nonstick but I have to wonder what it's coated in?! Would it be harmful to use while cooking? I'm not sure I'd buy another box of this. Regular foil hasn't been too much of a problem for me.

Other thoughts on this item?
Old 05-12-2004, 09:21 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Barb, I've seen the Venus, but never did buy one. I used the Intuition last evening in te shower, and just love the idea of not putting on shaving gel. So smooth and easy. I'll have to count the times of use, and let you know. So convienent, also, is the little suction cup bracket to hold the shaver, in the shower. No more dropping the razor!

As far as the Release.....I imagine that it can be used in the oven, but isn't there a phone # to Reynold's that you could call to inquire? I don't think I would cook with it, until I found out, though.

******Anyone else used the Release, yet?******

Carol Ann
Old 05-12-2004, 09:57 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

The foil is coated with silicone, just like the nonstick baking pans. I really liked the foil for some chicken wings I cooked. No sticking. It is fine for the oven. I just save it for the real sticky things since it is more expensive. It works better than nonstick spray, at least with those buffalo chicken wings it did.

Haven't tried one of those razors. My daughter says the Venus is great.
Old 05-12-2004, 11:33 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I love my Venus razor have been using for a long time now!

I have never tried the foil and like Barb said I have never had much of a problem with regular foil so I probaly will stick with that.

What do you think of the press and seal paper? I got some but I doubt I would buy it again! I just dont think its worth the price.

Leighann
Old 05-12-2004, 01:15 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I do not like the press and seal paper, either. It doesn't seem to stick very well to the things I have tried it on.
I did hear it works well if you sew and want to use it as a transfer paper. It will stick to the fabric, you can stitch thru it, then peel it off. I have not tried this yet. Might work well for that.
Old 05-29-2004, 09:45 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Schick Intuition Razor! I love it. I am presently using the one I got with the Free Razor coupon from the Sunday paper. I also was one of the first of 2000 to call in and won the one with Cucumber Melon. Haven't tried that yet.
The Intuition is a great easy to use razor. I dread having to buy the replacement blades for it. I think they get us hooked on these so we have to purchase the blades later but that's ok. It seems to be a good investment if you can find a sale on the blades. It seems to last through quite a few shavings, too.
Old 05-29-2004, 09:48 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Okay, so now I have to go check out these razors the next time I am at Wal-Mart.

For about 3 years, I have been using an electric razor. I started using it so that I could shave whenever I wanted to...not just in the shower.

I have never liked the fact that my legs don't feel nearly as smooth with an electric razor as they did with the "old fashioned" razors.

I think my electric razor is about to bite the dust......plus it is taking longer to shave as the blades seem to be getting dull and I can't find replacement blades for it anywhere. I called the company about replacement blades. By the time I pay for the blades along with S & H, I can almost buy a whole new razor!

Think I am also going to have to try that Reynolds Release Foil for when I bake something sticky.....like hot wings. It sounds like it would make clean-up so much easier!!
Old 05-29-2004, 10:11 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Cindy,......as I stated before, I just love the new Shick Intuition! You mentioned the condition of your legs, after using a razor..... You will find your legs feeling soft and smooth after using the Intuition. I really am sold on it. As for price.....yes, a bit pricey, but I feel I am worth it. Just remember, though, there will be coupons for this product. ~ A perk in my book! If you end up buying one, let us know your feelings. I can always put it on your list of "wants".....

Carol Ann &
Old 05-29-2004, 11:04 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

The Intuition razor is the best new product in years, as far as I'm concerned. For the first time, I can use a razor and not suffer from an itchy rash for days. Before I had to use an electric shaver with less than happy results. Each cartridge lasts as long as any other razor cartridge (maybe a bit longer) and the soap part of it is very gentle and moisturizing. (I have skin that's very sensitive to most soaps.) I hope this never goes off the market, because I'll never use anything else.