Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Old 05-29-2004, 11:09 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by Linda Lou
I do not like the press and seal paper, either. It doesn't seem to stick very well to the things I have tried it on.
I did hear it works well if you sew and want to use it as a transfer paper. It will stick to the fabric, you can stitch thru it, then peel it off. I have not tried this yet. Might work well for that.
I LOVE the Press N Seal stuff...have never had any problem with it not sticking. I think it's head and shoulders above other cling film products. Thanks so much for posting the transfer paper idea!! I do a lot of applique/sweatshirt/tee-shirt sewing and this idea will save me a lot of aggravation!
Old 05-31-2004, 05:32 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

The Intuitions razor...yes, it feels great indeed & the dispenser part is neat too, but!!! I've only had mine less than 2 wks I think, & unfortunatley, the bottom part of the soap/cream is nearly gone, leaving me with the big hunk of top...& what good is that going to be? I mean, once the bottom's worn off, the razor will touch the skin first THEN the soap after!

So, tho I do like the way it feels & what it does, I can't see paying for more razors that are going to have the bottom used long before the top....I'll go to something else I believe...maybe a Venus like everyone is raving about

Hugs,;-)
Old 05-31-2004, 07:42 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

I had the same problem but here's what I do. I wet the razor and my leg. I rub the soap/cream lifting the razor up so it's two strokes, one for the soap then the other with the razor this way nothing goes to waste. I know it may be a little inconvenient but it works for me.
Old 05-31-2004, 09:54 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Maybe it's just me, but I think two weeks is a long time for a razor cartridge to last!! The blades would be way too dull to be comfortable.
Old 05-31-2004, 10:08 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

I don't know but I don't think two weeks is long at all depending on the kind of razor you are using and if you shave every day! I've had razors for more than a month w/o a problem and no dull blades. I like for mine to last to get the most out of them but if they begin to dull, I do replace them.
Old 05-31-2004, 11:47 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

I have agree with you Lila, on the length of time for a razor to last, for me, anyway. I don't shave every day, & I only shave from the knee down when I do, plus armpits of course. I too like to get the most from a razor & they do last me a long time too before dulling. Some women, like men, have coarser & more hair than others so that has to be taken into account I believe. I always have extras on hand, but when buying something new like the Intuition, I'm sure glad they have an extra one in the package, LOL

I will give it a try the way you are saying. Yeah, it is a bit of a drag & sometimes when I'm in a rush, I can see me cursing, lol..but I'll try it & see...I really like the fact of not having to put the cream on first. Mind you, I most often will use either hubby's shaving cream (unscented/sensitive) or just creme rinse which is cheap & very nice too.

Have you tried the new hair removal cream stuff...VEET I think it's called??? I've seen the commercials on TV a few times....I remember trying NEET & NAIR years ago, & nearly died from the smell I'm going to assume it's not as bad nowadays, lol

Hugs, Jacquie
Old 05-31-2004, 12:07 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Jacquie,
Since I do quite a bit of couponing and I think we all look for freebies, I've accumulated quite a few razors, disposable razors, and even free razor blades with coupon or rebate.
I'm always game to try something new! I plan to try Veet one day. I've never used any of those products because of the strong smell and the fact that I have allergies. I think with the rising costs of everything these days we try to get the most out of our purchases or freebies.
I use hubbys shaving cream too or else something from the Dollar Tree when available.

Hugs
Lila
Old 05-31-2004, 02:00 PM
The Original Coupon Queen
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Has anyone tried the "Mr. Bubbles" toilet cleaning brush? ~ and if so, what are your thoughts about it. I tried my freebie yesterday, and liked it.

Carol Ann &
Old 05-31-2004, 02:32 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

I like it but it doesn't seem to "hold up" well.

I like the Lysol brush better!
Old 05-31-2004, 02:45 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Lila,

Just got out of the tub, LOL...did it pretty much as you said & it was a bit slower but at least I'm getting the use of all the soapy stuff, lol.

I too tend to give most freebies a good try.Why not? The price is right!

Hugs, Jacquie