Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Old 10-12-2002, 05:55 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Oh Becky I am so happy for you, your daughter and the rest of the family!!! I know that this must be a huge burden off you and your hubby--I know from my older son problems that you can just get frantic trying to find anything that will help them. I am so glad that your state offers these services for FREE. Health costs are financially unmanageable for most of us without insurance and federal and state services. I hope that all goes GREAT.

By the way, we are a family of six also and my hubby works two jobs so I can stay home with our boys. We (you and I) are blessed in so many ways.

Take care and have a wonderful day.
Old 10-12-2002, 01:24 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hi Julie!

My dh is the greatest! Every now and then I get grumbly and grumpy...but it doesn't take long before I realize just how hard he works for us. He goes to work everyday, on time, works his you-know-what off for ungrateful bosses and never really complains. There are so many bums in this world, but he's not one of them. He is such a nice guy and a good dad as well. My oldest daughter (17) has said that he is more of a dad to her than her own dad! Thank God for that.

I hope you have a nice weekend! It's sort of overcast here. Off to the store for now. Talk later! Becky
Old 03-10-2003, 10:44 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Update

Hi everyone here, I hope you all see this! I haven't been back in a while. I have been real busy with Emily and trying to get her therapies going etc., as well as dealing w/the other 3 kids and hubby! I'm sure you know how that is.

I found an interesting site on the net that perfectly describes my daughter and her issues. It's called Angelmans Syndrome (named after a dr.) and it's a genetic disorder. We just went last Friday for a 2 hr eeg test because we think she's also having seizures. I think they are called staring seizures. Results for the genetic thing will take up to 4 weeks. So I have been up and down emotionally. Right now I'm sort of coasting! Probably just in denial right now! I have been seeing a counselor since Emily was about 6 mos old because I felt like I had postpartum depression. I am well out of that, but having a teenage girl, a 7 and 6 yo as well as the health problems with Emily (3)...I just feel on edge. (Oh yeah, forgot about the hubby too!) My counselor has just recently suggested that I start taking something-have no clue what-but she said it would help me by just taking the edge off things, and help me function better. I have always been the type to avoid most drugs-don't like all the side effects. But right now, I'm really considering it. Any of you have any background in this? One of my friends takes something called 'celexa' (sp?) and she says it really helps her.

Well, once again-thanks for listening! We are all still relatively healthy so I shouldn't complain too much! Take care!
Old 03-11-2003, 10:34 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Hi Becky. I'm so glad you posted to keep us up to date. Glad that you found a website that explains things for you and I hope the eeg and the genetic tests turn out as good as possible.

I have heard that Celexa can be very helpful (as well as Zoloft, Paxil, Prozac and Welbutrin). Sometimes people just need a little help getting over the hump of a depression and then they are fine so don't disregard it out of hand. I know it is hard to surrender sometimes, especially when you are trying so hard to be brave for your family but a healthy, fully functional you is very important for them.

Take care.
Old 03-11-2003, 11:45 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hi Julie! SO glad to hear from you! I wondered if you would check back. I did talk to my counselor today about those that you named. She said I didn't really need an anti-depressant, more like an anti-anxiety thing. Those that you mentioned were suggested. I'm still considering it though. The whole idea of not being totally me scares me in a way, but then again...if it will help me BE a better me, maybe I should try something. With my faith, it's hard because you tend to think you shouldn't need anything but trust...but man, it gets hard sometimes!

So, how are you? How's everything going? Write and let me know! In the meantime, take care!

Becky
Old 03-13-2003, 03:19 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Oh Becky, like you I'm sure, I could fill a book with what had been going on.

We are all basically healthy and sane just way too stressed. DH still working two jobs, 18 year old getting ready to go on a senior trip and got his nose broken last week--needs surgery. But all in all we are fine. Trying to remember to pray more.

Take care of yourself.
Old 03-13-2003, 11:14 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

I've forgotten where I saw this but I always get a chuckle out of it:
'God never gives you more than you can handle; you just wish HE wouldn't trust you so much!'

Old 03-14-2003, 03:36 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

LOL I must have 2 personalities because I think I say BOTH of those things in the morniing!

That should be on a bumper sticker.

Hi Julie! Your poor son w/broken nose! I'm picturing 'marsha marsha marsha' w/her broken nose! Do they wrap them up like that or does it just heal on it's own? Had to do it playing football or basketball, right? Hope his trip goes well.

My 18 yo is going through depression again. She is just overwhelmed with everything that is happening. Getting ready for college and wondering where all the $$$ is going to come from, her dad (my ex) treats her absolutely awful and they just had a terrible time together the other evening. My heart is breaking for her. She's got all that plus just the typical teen girl stuff going on...I sure don't miss those days. I sent her to a counselor when she was a minor...but since she's 18 you just can't force them to go. She's going to have to want it bad enough I guess. She hit one of those "I'm doing fine now" spots in her life and stopped going. Oh well. Everyone here is right, about all you can do is PRAY.

Well, take care ladies...nice hearing from you. Have a super weekend. I'm recovering from a vacuum cleaner blow-up(I'll just say my teenager AND my husband were involved...) and haven't stopped coughing in an hour. UGH. Hopefully I'm not like this all weekend! Take care! Becky