Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Christmas Share with us your family's traditional favorites, what gifts you'll be making from your kitchen, and any other goodies you love this time of year!

Old 11-28-2003, 03:34 PM
A Member of the Family

My recipe was featured!
FamilyCorner Admirer

Christmas Breakfast Ideas Needed

I am going to be sending breakfast foods with my dh to his station on Christmas morning. There will be about20 guys on duty. I would like to make it and cook it before hand, so all that they have to do it warm it up in the morning.

Thanks
Chrissy
Old 11-29-2003, 01:19 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Christmas Holiday Breakfast Casserole

8 slices white bread
1 lb bulk sausage, browned, drained and crumbled
1 1/2 c shredded cheddar cheese
4 ea eggs
2 1/2 c milk
1 ts mustard
1 cn cream of mushroom soup
1/2 c milk

Grease large, flat baking dish. Completely cover bottom of dish with bread slices, allowing them to rise along sides slightly for crust. Spread cooked sausage to cover. Spread cheese to cover.
Mix eggs, milk and mustard; pour over casserole. Refrigerate overnight (it doesn't really work if you don't) Next morning, preheat oven to 375. Mix soup and milk and cover casserole.

Bake for l hour 15 minutes or until completely set.
Old 11-29-2003, 03:00 AM
A Member of the Family

My recipe was featured!
FamilyCorner Admirer

Thanks for the ideas Shawn. I think that I am going to try that breakfast casserole on my family and see what they think. I am also going to look at the coffee cakes...thanks again!

Chrissy
Old 11-29-2003, 01:55 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Krusteaz makes a wonderful cranberry/orange muffin that just tastes like Christmas.
Before anyone else gets up I mix them up and put them in the oven while I brew the coffee. Then they are warm and yummy while the kids go wild with the presents!
Old 12-06-2003, 09:56 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

We're having Banana nut Bread

, an Ambrosia Salad that my great grandmother created-(simply, fruit ****tail and coconut mixed together that we now serve for Christmas breakast), and my sister is making a ham, egg and cheese wreath, which is crossiants stuffed with the ham, egg and cheese, oh and egg nog. That's going to be a rich breakfast, but I'm excited about it!
Old 05-14-2004, 07:53 AM
Head Moderator

Re: Christmas Breakfast Ideas Needed

Quote:
Originally posted by LuvMyFF
I am going to be sending breakfast foods with my dh to his station on Christmas morning. There will be about20 guys on duty. I would like to make it and cook it before hand, so all that they have to do it warm it up in the morning.

Thanks
Chrissy
A little late but maybe you can use this next year or another holiday! You can assemble it and all they haveto do is cook it 40 minutes and eat!

Holiday Morning French Toast

1 cup broiwn sugar
1/2 cup butter, melted
3 tsp. ground cinnamon
3 tart apples, peeled and cored and thinlyl sliced
1/2 cup dried cranberries or raisins
1 loaf Italian or French brad, cut into 1" slices
6 large eggs
1 1/2 cups milk
1 tbsp. vanilla extract
Combine brown sugar, butter and 1 tsp. cinnamon in a 13x9" baking dish. Add apples and cranberries; toss to coat well. Spread apple mixture evenly over bottom of baking dish. Arrange slices of bread on top. Mix eggs, milk, vanilla and remaining 2 tsp. cinnamon until well blended. Pour mixture over bread, soaking bread completely. Coer and refrigerate 4 to 24 hours. Bake covered with foil at 375 degrees 40 minutes. Uncover and bake 5 minutes; remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes. Serve warm.

Old 08-19-2004, 10:33 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Christmas Morning breakfast

My mini quiche can be made mad ahead and re-heated

grease a reg. size muffin pan ( for 12 count) and pre-heat oven to 375'

In a lg. bowl beat 6 to 8 eggs
add 1 can Cream of mushroom, chicken, celery, etc. soup undiluted. Beat till blended. Add to it a combination of 1cup to 1 1/2 cups meat like crisp cooked and crumbled bacon, cooked crumbled sausage, or diced ham . Mushrooms, black olives, chopped onions, chopped green or red (or both) bell pepper, tomato (one that is not a nice ripe one, more winter type) for veggies. Any kind of shredded cheese you like.

So sometimes its a combo of bacon, mushrooms and cheese, and sometimes its a combo of diced ham, tomato, pepper and onion with cheddar cheese.
Next step is to press a large biscuit like Pillsbury Grands in the muffin cups to form the crust. You can also use cresent roll dough. Once pressed down fo crust, fill 1/2 full with egg mixture and bake 20 to 30 minutes or until egg is cooked.
My family looks forward to this every holliday because I can change it to fit the mood.
Old 09-03-2004, 08:29 PM
FamilyCorner Senior Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

When my husband was in the military they had ORI inspections. After each of these inspections the wives would always provide alot of food for the men when they came back from flying. This one particular time they would be landing in the wee hours of the morning and we were asked to prepare heavy breakfast foods to begin serving at 4:00am.

I made the following:

Sausage cheese cups
Home made cinnamon rolls (using frozen bread dough)
Sticky buns (using frozen bread dough)
Favorite coffee cake
Fried up sausage...made biscuits and put the sausage in them
(I did smoked sausage and patty sausage)
I made a hash brown casserole

I have the recipes but I don't have them in front of me at the moment. If you would like them let me know and I will post them.

I will probably post them anyway as I try to make the sausage cups each year they are a fav with the family. I can put them together the night before and cook them in the am. This year I have already had a request for the coffee cake. It's easy, quick and simple.
Old 09-04-2004, 01:07 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

MMMmmmmmmmmmmmm

Sounds quite yummy! Bet it was appreciated too.
We have a Breakfast with Santa at the Church each year. Its usually scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, biscuits with milk or OJ. It a fund raiser for Agape services (children's foster care, adoption. family counciling, or counciling for anyone who need it). They have a silent action for adults (many good donated items, like a large Avon products basket), and games for the kids that you purchase so many tickets to play (tickets are 4 for a dollar) its opened to anyone who wishes to come. Santa comes in by way of helicopter!
I think it would be nice to have cinnamon rolls and pancakes or waffles also, but I'm not one of the cooks! ;-)

Vivian
Old 09-04-2004, 04:20 PM
FamilyCorner Senior Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

We have a breakfast at our Easter Sunrise Service. The men do the cooking!!! We have biscuits, pancakes, waffles, sausage, bacon, ham, eggs, red eye gravy, grits, butter, coffee, tea, milk (white and chocolate) severaly types of juices for the kids and the adults. It is a great for fellowship after the service!