Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Christmas Share with us your family's traditional favorites, what gifts you'll be making from your kitchen, and any other goodies you love this time of year!

Old 12-04-2003, 11:57 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Next Sunday is my Christmas brunch for my friends and I am so looking frward to it!!!

12 girlfriends are coming over!!
I am serving quiches, homemade muffins and preserves, marinated brocolli and cherry tomatoes,
apple and cranberry crumble, fruit salad with slivered almonds, coconut and dip on the side...........and a homemade coconut cake surrounded by red flowers, chcolates and baklava!!!
And coffee, tea and juice!!!

Want to come over!!!

I am having a small cookie exchange with my coworkers and will be making platters of cookies and candies for my family!!!

Yea, it's Christmas!!!

peace,train
Old 12-04-2003, 01:51 PM
Assistant Moderator

hope all goes well and go as plan. sounds good. a good amount is coming too. how many cookies is everyone bringing to exchange?

sickness has came here and now not sue about our exchange we had to put it off for a spell and re schedule later but not sure when
Old 12-05-2003, 02:58 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

My cookie exchange at work will be a dozen cookies each and there are 5 of us!! I am making chocolate dipped Oreos!!

We are not exchanging cookies at the brunch though, just cooking a big meal for my girlfriends to let them know how much I appreciate their friendship!!

How about you, Bar bar? Did you decide whether to have a cookie exchange??!!

peace,train
Old 12-07-2003, 06:28 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Hiya.....I found this @ Kraft foods......it's about cookie exchanges
http://www.kraftfoods.com/main.aspx?...CookieExchange

Old 12-07-2003, 07:09 PM
Assistant Moderator

bettdev

thanks for the website

well today a lady and I got talking and it looks as if it was going to be on Thur the 19th but after looking at calender we realize this won't work so we are going to do it on Tue 16th.
glad this has been decided now just hope the other woman will be in supportive of this as well. if it goes well then maybe next yr we be able to do another one. just have to wait and see for sure.
Old 12-19-2003, 07:30 PM
Assistant Moderator

well last night was the cookie exchange not to many showed up and some didn't even bring thier cookies so we all just decided to spread out what we had and share with everyone.

I made
Missouri Mud no bake cookies
Lemony cheesecake bars
Orange Balls

another lady brought sugar cookies

and another one brought store bought cookies

there was only 5 and my self that showed
maybe for Valentine we will try again and do better we shall see if we will or not

would love to have something at my house and invite others beside just our chruch women since we have a small chruch
Old 11-21-2004, 05:31 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Happy Holidays, 2004!!!!!!

This is a wonderful thread with lots of great information on cookie exchanges so thought I would start it up again!!
If you plan on having an exchange, lots of good ideas here!

I had a Christmas brunch last year but did not do a cookie exchange. This year I am going to try both!!

How about you? Anyone planning a cookie exchange, potluck gathering, brunch or any sort of holiday get together?
Share your ideas and thoughts for entertaining here!

Merry Christmas!! Train
Old 10-22-2006, 06:42 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

I'm starting to plan my first cookie exchange. There will hopefully be a total of 12 of us, including myself. We'll each bake one type of cookie, 6 dozen of it. So that would divide up into bags of a half dozen of each cookie for each guest-assuming I would want to keep atleast a half dozen of my own. Right?
Old 12-02-2007, 07:11 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

This has been a very informative thread over the years! Lots of good ideas!

I am having a cookie exchange the third week in December!
Anyone else planning.........or going.........to one?

hugs, train
Attached Images

Old 12-03-2007, 07:11 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

My Christmas Cookie Exchange

Hello. I am not hosting a Christmas Cookie Exchange Party this year, but I am participating in one with an online recipe group of which I am a member. We are making cookies and sending them plus the recipe to another member. The recipient list is a surprise. We listed what our allergies or dislikes were, but otherwise the cookie recipes we choose are up to us. I think this will be a lot of fun.