Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Christmas Share with us your family's traditional favorites, what gifts you'll be making from your kitchen, and any other goodies you love this time of year!

Old 11-10-2003, 09:01 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I have decided on the brunch! I like the cookie exchange
idea..............

but most of my girlfriends seem to be on diets of some sort!! I still plan on doing baking for my family and will bring plates of my homemade treats to my non-dieting friends!!

December is such a busy month and so I thought a Sunday morning...after church...brunch would be a good time where people aren't commited to other things. So many parties are weekend afternoons or evenings...and then with having to get all the Christmas shopping, decorating ect...done I figure Sunday morning should work!!

I am making my invitations this week. I plan on serving three cheese quiche, fruit salad, breads and muffins and hot drinks.
I want to do some sort of candlelighting where everyone says what they are thankful for or one good thing that has happened in their lives this past year!

peace,train
Old 11-10-2003, 01:33 PM
Assistant Moderator

trainlady sounds good can I come to it. know which cookies u are doing yet?

not sure if we are doing one yet are not, seveal shows no interest for the same reason don't need the calories. 1 thought be neat.

I really do like u idea.
Old 11-10-2003, 06:12 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Thank you all for the pointers.
I would like to host a cookie exchange and these pointers will really help!

Admit your mistakes so that NO ONE else can exaggerate them
You can NOT amputate your HISTORY from your DESTINY~ Beth Moore
Old 11-10-2003, 09:01 PM
Assistant Moderator

morelia92
good and let me welcome u to Family corner. we havn't met but by looking at your amount of post you are still new.

hope u are finding your way around ok, come over to the WFD, Games, Crafts, christmas ornaments exchange, posc cards exchange,

so much here to see and do, just feel welcome to jump into anywhere.

Im from TX. not to many tx on the board where I am. LOL

hope to see you around. any question feel free to ask and we will try to answer them for you.
Old 11-11-2003, 12:43 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Thanks a bunch for that warm welcome!
I have been registered awhile, but my old PC was messed up. I had to use an online keyboard. Therefore I "lurked" alot!

At any rate, I was born in PA and I came back in 1990, but I was raised in Houston. Yep, good ole' Texas! Alief to be exact. Which part of Texas are you from?

Admit your mistakes so that NO ONE else can exaggerate them
You can NOT amputate your HISTORY from your DESTINY~ Beth Moore
Old 11-11-2003, 01:21 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Come on over, Bar-Bar!!! I will save you a place at the table!!

As for the cookies I usually make the same things each year and add a new recipe or two because I know everyones favorites!!
I make chocolate dipped Oreo's, ginger molasses cookies, peanut butter balls, toffee, mint patties and mounds candies!!
How about you, what are you baking?
peace,train
Old 11-11-2003, 09:16 PM
Assistant Moderator

morelia92
close to FT Worth area.

Trainlady thanks, I could catch the train and ride up or down to you. LOL

I would love to have the rec for chocolate dipped Oreo's, pbballs, should go over to the dessert area think that be the one and list those cookies, or it might be under Christmas, but I bet you know where I am talking about.

one of the cookies I would be doing is the homemade teacakes If I can find my rec and of course the ole sugar cookies, oatmeal is another one I like really well. I got to see if I can find my rec they are packed away for back doing the summer sprayed for bugs and I re-organize my kitchen and rec was one of those things I packed away and havn't got out yet. for some of them were very ole rec that I didn't use. adn were going to re-organze them but haven't yet.
Old 11-12-2003, 08:33 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Hi bar-bar,
i will look on the recipe file page and if they are not already listed I will add them!!
Can't write much today as I have a work meeting..I SHOULD be out the door as we speak and here I am typing away!!!

Morelia, more to you later, too! I have really enjoyed your thoughts I have read this morning on the amish thread and Veteran thread!!!
Take care.
peace,train
Old 11-12-2003, 07:55 PM
Assistant Moderator

trainlady
since u don't have much time would u like for me to check this out and if not posted I can post for you, would that help u out?

well I think I am going to do personal invitations to seveal ones from chruch, the ones that goes to another chruch that I go to for WMU and then to other friends who doesn't go to chruch with me at all, and do either a night movie night or either a bunch over at the house, told dh my plans this evening, and he said wow a lot of cookies will someone make me choc coookies. LOL

not sure how many to ask them to bring yet. thinkiing about 6 doz and we eat some there too, so everyone will take about 4 - 5 dz home
we could play games, chit chat, watch a movie together, and chit chat.

this is only a thought about doing still.
Old 11-13-2003, 08:33 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Your cookie exchange sounds like a good plan, Bar-bar!!!
Let me know how it turns out!!

Thanks for the offer to post the recipies...that was so nice of you!!
I usually lurk around thru the recipes on the weekends anyway tho when I make my grocery list so I will post them then but that was so very nice of you to offer!!
I Wish I Had More Time To Use The Computer but with my Nocturnal life as it is I have very little time to play on Family Corner. I love those free afternoons I get every once in awhile where I can just spend a couple hours here playing catch up!!
Typically I get on the computer for about an hour before I go to bed. I try to get all my other stuff done first...dishes, cook dinner, get my work clothes ready, etc..

Well, I am gettin off topic here...
ANYONE ELSE PLANNING A COOKIE EXCHANGE OR HOLIDAY GET TOGETHER?
peace,train