Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

View Poll Results: Are you ready for Christmas?
Yes! I'm ready!! 8 57.14%
Nope, not yet! 6 42.86%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-23-2009, 03:54 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
Are you ready for Christmas?

Are you ahead of the ball this year or do you still have some work to do before you are ready for Christmas?

After tonight, I should be ready unless something unexpected turns up!!

I hope that my family here at FamilyCorner have a wonderful Christmas and a very happy and prosperous 2010!!

Love ya!

Tami

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 12-23-2009, 04:20 PM

Happy face

I'm as ready as I'm gonna get! We're not getting each other much this year.. having the kids here is the best gift we could get.
Old 12-23-2009, 04:27 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Still have few things to wrap. Pies to make tomorrow as well as some cookies I want to take over to Gina's but they are mostly for Kent and Steven. Got some diff kind I want to make for here. I finally got my dear mail ladies gifts wrapped and out by mail box for them today. I have several things I want to fix tomorrow for our Christmas meal. Tomorrows will be "grab what you can".
Merry Christmas to all of you
Old 12-23-2009, 08:23 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Lunatic

I've been ready for weeks...lol...

Merry Christmas Everyone...

Smiles & Hugs...
Old 12-24-2009, 06:53 AM
Nine Year Member

I'm all ready! I think I am....lol.......Merry Christmas to all, enjoy the day and make a memory......
Old 12-26-2009, 12:52 PM
Assistant Moderator

Yes I was ready it couldn't have been more perfect until ............ my bil and sil brought an extra person and turned up at our house an hour early (we were still in our old daggy clothes, not at all ready) . So were were one chair short, 1 place mat short, 1 bon bon short, 1 set of cutlery short .... you get the idea!
What did they bring, not what they were supposed to (only needed to bring 2 bags of chips and lollies) and then took home the uneaten portion, we gave their kids their small $15 present but they brought nothing for ds2 (our ds1 is over 18 and presents stop at that age) she and I sat together as I gave the girls their gift and she did not even murmer oh I don't have one for Cam or the like.
So they got their christmas main meal full 3 meats, sides and desserts and our nibbles for about a $1 each, and no they are not lacking funds they are just won't spend a $1 if they can help it ... there were a few other bits and happenings but I was so cranky when bil said to me, oh you just forgot to add the extra person, does he think I would deliberately make one short of everything just to spite him?
It was ok I did have a few deep breaths, a beverage, dh and I went into our room closed the door and had a b!tch about it all and decided bil time will come, what goes around comes around! The rest went off without a hitch and now christmas is over for another year.

I hope you all had a cheery and safe christmas.
Come on tell me your stories!

Last edited by Bilby; 12-26-2009 at 12:58 PM.
Old 12-11-2010, 04:01 PM
Assistant Moderator

Oh back to back and a year apart lol

This year is as simple as can be, just us 4 with my mum and ds1 girlfriend,
I have no idea what dh family is doing but hubby will sort out things there.

So no rush, no stress, a back to basics christmas

Old 12-11-2010, 08:15 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

I usually put the decorations and tree up the first weekend in December but am a week late this year. Dh put it up with the lights this morning but I still need to put the ornaments on it. I've got all my shopping done, except for a little bit of candy that I will buy closer to Christmas. I mailed my last two packages on Friday and just have to wrap dh's gifts and a white elephant gift for a church party next week.
Old 12-13-2010, 01:50 AM
Welcome Wagon Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I didn't vote as "kinda" would have been my answer. I just graduated and at the end of this week, I will be moving to a different state. I ordered most of my Christmas and had them shipped to my new address, where my DH lives and where we are moving. I just cannot trust a man to do my gift wrapping. lol I will be doing my wrapping once I get there. There are a couple of other things that I would like to get, but if I don't, I am good.

Bobby Labonte Official Page Facebook

FC Welcome Wagon : Need help? New to FC? Just ask me!
Old 12-13-2010, 10:05 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Well got 2 more things wrapped and couple more cards out. I am soooo behind this year