Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Holidays & Occasions > Holidays > Christmas > Christmas Gifts

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average.
Old 11-07-2002, 09:46 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Inexpensive Christmas gift ideas

Hi. I would like to have some really inexpensive gift ideas to make for christmas gifts. Been a very hard year..husband undergoing cancer treatments and reduced hours at work have all but ruined the budget!! Would appreciate any ideas that you may have. Thanks much! Deb
Old 11-08-2002, 09:18 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Thanks for the link for ideas. Looks like some terrfific ones there. Am curious about why you are closing this thread,though? Thanks again.
Old 11-09-2002, 02:18 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

What about getting a few inexpensive wood frames and writing a poem or loving letter to put in the frames and give them to family.
You could evem use unfinished craft frames from a craft store or dollar store. Just a thought.
Old 11-09-2002, 05:02 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

One year when my brother was out of work, he and his wife made Christmas ornaments and table-top trees for all of the family. He gathered them in the woods, and with a little glue, glitter and imagination they were beautiful. It was such a thoughtful and appreciated gift because they made them.
Old 11-09-2002, 05:46 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Flylady has some great "clutter free ideas" They have all price ranges....even ideas for "coupons" if you've never been go to the flylady website at www.flylady.net
Old 11-09-2002, 06:36 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

What ages are you looking for gift ideas for?
Old 11-09-2002, 06:52 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

One year we gave small fruit baskets to our families. It was one gift for the whole family.
Old 11-09-2002, 08:35 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

You can fix food basket. Using themes. My dad love beans. So one christmas I gave him a cup of different types of beans, along with a pound of stoneground cornmeal and a small bag with cream drops.

My sister I fixed with a bag of noodles and canned sauce and a small gift certicate from the grocery store for the hamberger.

This year I thought I go to the dollar store get 1 dollar mugs and put homemade hot cholate mix in the in a ziplock bag and a few mini marshmellows.

This be Tree
Old 11-09-2002, 09:18 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by henryjsmom
What ages are you looking for gift ideas for?
Th

The age groups are from 19 years up to 60's. Thanks!!
Old 11-09-2002, 09:49 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

as a shower gift I received a " no sew fleece blanket" it's really cute. you use that thick fleecey material and tie squeare knots all around to hold it together. If you go to a discount fabric store maybe you would be able to find inexpensive fabrics to do this with. If you search on any search engine (i used google to find) a bunch a different directions come up.

you could also make baskets for movie nights for the 19-20 ish crowd, put microw popcorn a couple of sodas, some candy etc.. they don't have to be large and you can get cheap baskets almost anywhere.

cookie mixes in a jar.

"gift certificates" to have people over for dinner at your house. There are plenty of inexpensive dinners to make, or even have just a dessert night at your house even cheaper

I hope this helps, my prayers are with your husband I hope he is on " the road to recovery"

Blessings!