Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Old 09-22-2002, 03:37 PM
A Member of the Family
FamilyCorner Groupie

You could always put the brown sugar in a small zip top bag to keep it fresh in the jar.
Old 09-22-2002, 04:24 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

These sound like exellent ideas for Christmas gifts. Does anyone have a recipe or a web site where I can find out about how to make these? This would definitely take a few names off my gift list.
Old 09-22-2002, 05:35 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Hi killerbee.

Here is a great website for all kinds of mixes. I got a lot off of this site and also there is a book out by Gooseberry Patch called "Gifts for Giving" which is a great book packed with tons of mixes and things to make for gifts!

Here's the website: www.members.tripod.com/~MaryMae/jarlinks.htm

Hope it works for you. Have fun making mixes.

Stacy
Old 09-22-2002, 06:34 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

baking mixes

thanks for the website and the tips on brwon suger sounds great cannot wait to ty these myself and make me some too love to kep stuff on hand for special treats or surprise gifts!!
Old 09-26-2002, 09:49 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Hi there. I have a great website for gifts in a jar. Go to www.holidayorganizer.com and look on the left side under gifts. Go to gifts in a jar. They have not only the recipes, but they have labels you can print out - and they're soooo nice looking. Fit the lid of a canning jar, or you can print them out and glue to an index card. Other links here, too, and bath salt recipes and such.

Have fun.

Katie
Old 09-27-2002, 01:15 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Lightbulb Try these sites.......

Hi all!

Here are two more places to get "jar recipes"....

Try ebay-look under recipes (duh!) and jar recipes, mason jar recipes, etc. Most cost around $2.00 and are delivered via e-mail and can be easily downloaded or printed out. Be careful tho-for some reason, some of them kept getting delivered to my hotmail junk mail account-be sure to check there if it seems to take a while to get your "shipment". It will usually be within minutes depending on how you pay-paypal is the fastest.

Also a GREAT site-- www.mabelwhite.com there are TONS of recipes on this site--dinners, cookies, cakes, hot chocolates etc, even bath salts, candles and such. Lots of crafty ideas...

Hope you all enjoy.........;-)
Old 09-27-2002, 02:40 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

gifts in ajar

mabels look like a cool site i prefer free ones tho dont use credit cards thanks tho been some great ideas hard to chooose what to make now!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-27-2002, 07:49 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Hey ladies! These are some wonderful ideas! I am going to get myself organized for jar-gifts for the holidays this year for sure! I bet the teachers and the neighbors will be surprised by a home made treat. I havent seen this sort of thing around here. I guess the urban setting hasn't lent itself to this yet. I think I'll be among the trend-setters. LOL!

Thanks for the post and the links!

Val
Old 09-28-2002, 01:34 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

mix in a jar

wow you did some fantastic work there!!!1 i loved all the sites looked at them all. printed almost all the first one saved lots of others to desktop to print later. gonna make some gifts and some to sell at craft shows cant waoit to try them