Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Old 12-08-2004, 10:39 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

malls or online

Have you been doing most of your Christmas shopping at malls or online?

If online, where have you found the best deals?

hugs,train
Old 12-08-2004, 01:18 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

I've done a lot my shopping online. I always like to go to the malls at least once on one of the weekends to see what the crowds are like and experience the whole "Christmas shopping" feeling, but more and more now I'm doing shopping online. I found some good deals this year at Amazon and barnes and noble. I also got a couple of gift certificates for teacher friends of mine at staples. I think they'll like that. Some random deals I found were things like bed bugg toys, which were like $6 online, and some cheap DVDs.

Where are you shopping?
Old 12-08-2004, 01:50 PM
FamilyCorner Fanatic
FamilyCorner Fanatic

This year I have so far bought most everything online! I got 2 dvds, 2cds and 2 books at Amazon with free shipping! I also ordered from llbean they had a great price for mens jeans, since the company has been around so long I hope quality! Also got free shipping. Will be hitting the mall on Monday (annual xmas shopping with stepmom)!
Leighann
Old 12-08-2004, 01:56 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I have done about 1/2 and 1/2. Online shopping for me has mainly been through E-bay. With being in Canada some of the toys that are new never make it our shelves before Christmas and I am usually able to find them there.

Hugs
Debbie

Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 12-08-2004, 02:56 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Quote:
Originally posted by Lee
This year I have so far bought most everything online! I got 2 dvds, 2cds and 2 books at Amazon with free shipping! I also ordered from llbean they had a great price for mens jeans, since the company has been around so long I hope quality! Also got free shipping. Will be hitting the mall on Monday (annual xmas shopping with stepmom)!
Leighann
Online is the way to go. I got a few things a little earlier this year from staples and amazon and they happened to be offering free shipping. It's pretty nice. Some of the things I've gotten online that haven't offered free shipping I can justify because the deal is so good anyway. I bought some CDRs that came with rebates and I bought 4 of those bed buggs and got the 5th one free. So stuff like that makes it easier to buy online, regardless of shipping deals. But the shipping deals are nice too.
Old 12-14-2004, 01:36 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Shopping online is fantastic if you know what you want. But, if you are looking for ideas I like to go out to the mall. I don't mind going out to places like Best Buy or Toys R Us or the mall in general. I often get great ideas and great deals from walking through the stores (like last week I found Cranium for 25% off at Toys R Us and I didn't even think of it as a gift for someone beforehand). And like WGDad, its nice to jump into the spirit of christmas by joining the crowds. But for those lazy days, online shopping works wonders
Old 12-04-2006, 08:15 PM
Five Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

I agree with shopping online, this is a short article that I wrote about it. If it's to long sorry you don't have to read it.

‘Tis The Season To Be Shopping
The Christmas season is vastly approaching. Thanksgiving will be here in a little over a month. Holidays can be really stressful with parties, traveling, company in the home, and most of all the shopping. With all the hustle and bustle of the mall, finding a parking space, and dealing with rude salespeople it can be a nightmare. Avoiding this anxiety can make the holidays much more pleasant. How might this stress be skipped you might ask, it can be with the speed, ease, and convenience of online shopping. Each year the number of people doing their holiday shopping online multiplies and for good reason. There are many advantages to taking your holiday business to the web.
One of the biggest draws to online shopping has to be the convenience and ease of shopping from home. Who needs the mad traffic and headache of finding a parking space at overcrowded malls? You don’t have to leave home to shop online. When you are at home you don’t have to worry about stores closing at eight or nine at night. If you wish to shop at one a.m. it is okay. You can shop when the time is best for you. Food and beverages are always overpriced at malls and stores, but at home it is already there for your consumption. Shopping out can be such a chore and tiresome, but in the comfort of your home it can be pleasant and peaceful leaving your holidays to enjoy.
If you are looking for a specific item for your gift list it can be like finding a needle in a haystack if you have to go from store to store to find it. Your Mom may want a monogrammed mother’s bracelet and Uncle Tom may want that Swiss Army Knife he has had his eye on. With just a few clicks you can find what you are looking for instead of jumping all over town wasting time and gas. It is also easier to compare prices as you search. It is speedy and easy to get what you want.
Not only is it good to find specific things on your list, but you can shop your entire list in one place. The internet is a one stop shopping experience. You may have clothing items, sterling silver jewelry, and electronics to buy and instead of running all over to get them, the web is a virtual mall meeting all of your needs. Most major retailers offer online shopping and independent businesses can service your every need. In one sitting your Christmas shopping can be taken care of with the all encompassing internet.
If you are a savvy shopper on the hunt for deals, the web is the place to go. Online stores are in the business of drawing shoppers with their great deals. If you do a little searching you can often find free shipping, high percentages off, and bogo offers to entice your business. Take some time and see what deals you can run across to take the strain off your wallet.
Many people still have hang ups about shopping on the internet. Some people may fear identity theft with the internet shopping, but most online retailers have secure payment services like Verisign. Be sure to check out the security policies. Another concern is “when will I get my items?” If you order in advance there is no need to worry about getting your purchase. In a time crunch always go for second day or next day shipping for your peace of mind. The benefits to online shopping are worth getting past needless fears.
The holidays should be about family, friends, and celebrating the birth of Christ, not worrying about buying gifts. Gift buying should be easy and fun. The internet can solve your holiday gift buying stress. With its many rewards, online shopping can take care of your gift giving needs and save you time, money and energy you can give to more important things. It is best to always remember that the best gift of all is your love and care to your family.
Old 12-04-2006, 08:49 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Lunatic

I do as much shopping online as I can,though this year I bought most of the Christmas presents to our grandchildren in the stores.Sometimes you can get some really good deals on ebay,I shop and sell on ebay,though the shipping cost to send to Canada can sometimes get a bit much,but you got to do what you got to do to have the toys the grandkids want.Dh is easy to shop for,tools.Daughters are pretty easy to shop for too,money.

I think I would rather shop in the stores and malls,that way I can see just what it is I am buying,nothing hidden.

Smiles