Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

View Poll Results: When do you take down XMAS decorations Before or After the New Year?
Before Jan. 1st 5 21.74%
After Jan. 1st 18 78.26%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-26-2008, 08:37 PM

I usually take it down right after New Year's. I want to clean out the closet where all the Christmas stuff is kept so it may end up staying up a little longer this year.

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
Thomas Jefferson
Old 12-26-2008, 09:08 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Lunatic

We usually wait until the middle of January but with hubby leaving on the 8th to see the surgeon...we will be taking it down on January 3rd...

Smiles & hugs...
Old 12-26-2008, 10:38 PM
Nine Year Member

Usually by New Year's for us so I can put up the blue and white January decorations, but we got the tree late this year and it is healthy. As much as I'd like the living room space back, I bet we wait until after 3 Kings Day at least. It'll be nice to come home from work, light the tree in the dark days of winter, and relax.

We also have adopted the tradition of using the tree for the birds, either laid on the ground by the backyard feeder for winter protection from the overhead hawk attacks, or on the deck by the kitchen window feeder so they have some protection from the wind and weather, many birds will sleep in the tree on cold winter nights as this feeder is just 3 feet from the tree on the deck.

Usually by March the tree is ready to go to the curb. Our township will collect the trees the first week in January for community composting.

"God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of love, power, and a sound mind."
Old 12-27-2008, 07:42 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I enjoy decorating for Christmas, we usually put the tree up in October and take it down next year sometime maybe around March or April. LOL

Old 12-27-2008, 08:33 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Normally I wait till the 2nd to take it down but since ours has fallen several times and thank heaven did not break the mirror behind it, Judy on her own last nite took it down and rearranged the LR back to normal. Still got the wreaths on both sides of the door and candy dishes out and clings on the windows. She took all my beautiful cards down and brought them here to my desk sometime after 1 this morning.