Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Old 12-12-2002, 12:41 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
Pinkie Winky Real or Fake?

Christmas Tree....That is !!!

While growing up, we always had an artificial tree. We heard every year " You can burn the house down with a real tree... " or my mother would always say that she was allergic to the pine.

Guess what...... I have had a real tree every year since moving out...hee hee!

This year, I opted for a smaller tree but it is beautiful! I just finished decorating it and I must say...LOVELY!!

Im waiting for the after Christmas sales so that I can buy some new ornaments for a new theme for next year.;-)

How 'bout you??? Real or Fake?? Do you use the same ornaments year after year or do you change them?

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 12-12-2002, 10:51 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Fake for me.

I reuse ornaments from year to year--just not always the same ones. Sometimes I just use all my glass ball ornaments, some years all the novelty ones and one year we did an all natural tree with things from nature (that year it was a real tree we dug up and then planted it in the spring). That was probably my favorite tree of all.
Old 12-15-2002, 12:49 PM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Fake....I would love to have a real one but the disposal is such a pain, the trash man won't take it and the place that does take them for recycling, is only open certain hours that do not work with our hours. I always use the same ornaments, the kids (4) get a new one from grandma every christmas, so there are new ones every year. I also pick new ones up after christmas that are on sale!!!

I also love to tie red bows on the tree it is so cute!!! I tie them on last to cover up "bare" spots first and then just round it out.

When I was young, I always said I wanted to be someone...I guess I should have been more specific!
Old 12-16-2002, 11:39 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

REAL REAL REAL! We get three real trees every year. This year I got the tree of my dreams, an 11 foot tall Douglas Fir. It is magnificent! We reuse the ornaments every year, too.

Sharon

If you are coming to see me, come any time! If you are coming to see my house, make an appointment.
Old 12-16-2002, 03:42 PM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Sharona, did I read that correctly three real trees, one of them is 11 foot??? I would love to see your home at christmas...or any time of year, must be beautiful.

I barely have enought room for my stingy, fake, 4 foot tree.

When I was young, I always said I wanted to be someone...I guess I should have been more specific!
Old 12-16-2002, 04:41 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I'll bet your tree is beautiful, and oh so special for your family! We only have one son, and he's now 20, so my husband indulges my Christmas illness LOL

We have 3 real trees. 2 of them are under 5 foot tall, and the one in our living room is 11 foot. It is our family tree with ornaments going back many generations, homemade crafts and tons of memories. I love opening the boxes of ornaments every year. This is the first and last year for a tree this size, it's our last year in this house, and I've always wanted a tree big enough to go to the peak of our vaulted ceiling.

One of the shorter trees goes into our family room and has always been decorated in red white and blue. My b-day is flag day, so you can imagine the amount of stuff I have.

The other tree is decorated on our lanai, all with "Florida" beachy stuff. When we have northern visitors for Christmas they get to take home an "ornament". It's amazing how many people take the dollar store sunglasses. LOL

Sharon

If you are coming to see me, come any time! If you are coming to see my house, make an appointment.
Old 12-16-2002, 04:49 PM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

That is so neat!!!! I bet it is beautiful, I am so glad to hear that you did get a wish, and even before Christmas I bet you will really miss the extra trees at christmas, especially if you can't have three...So will your visitors

Old 12-31-2002, 02:54 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

sharona,sounds like your home was beautiful at christmas,,i bought a 7 ft.mt,king fur,,it was nice,ive always had real trees for christmas,but this year ,hubby wanted a fake one,so thats what we got,,can you post a pic of your tree,,
this is what mine look like,,
Attached Images

Old 01-01-2003, 09:51 PM
Nine Year Member

It's a real tree for my family!!!! When I was a little girl my parents had a real tree. Uhhh....very early 60's.....Then mom wanted an artificial tree.............UGGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry!!!!! It's gotta be real for my household!!!!!! Love the smell...love making garland and other decore out of branches! It's the only way to go for us!!!!

Lauri
Old 10-22-2004, 10:43 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

My DH would prefer a "real" tree but I am guilty of having not one, but 2 artificial trees!

A white one I decorate in multi color lights and Disney ornaments for the livingroom and a green prelit with white lights for the diningroom.

So DH has to settle for a real pine wreath for the front door!