FamilyCorner.com Forums

FamilyCorner.com Forums (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/)
-   Christmas Decorating (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/christmas-decorating/)
-   -   Christmas Decorating - Have you started? (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/christmas-decorating/4944-christmas-decorating-have-you-started.html)

graceygrammy 11-18-2002 03:57 AM

Christmas trees and decor

I have all of my Christmas decorating done. :-D

Does anyone else have their tree up yet, my dh just shook his head. :-P:: But I have caught him enjoying it over the weekend.

I cant help it I really enjoy the holidays.

bonnie50 11-18-2002 04:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
i dont have anything done at this time,hubby has been working long hours,my lights are up from last,but we have to do a little work,on them to re do them,and maybe replace a few bulbs,but i have a lot more to put up,,i dont have my tree up yet,i generally get a real tree,blue spruce,the are just beautiul,if i put one up now ,it would surely die,and just dry out to fast,,no matter how much water i keep in it,,but right now i havent decided if its gonna be a real tree like last year,or just a fake,,
christmas is my favorite time of year,:daisy: :)

graceygrammy 11-18-2002 04:37 PM

My tree is artifical, I usually dont put it up untill after Thanksgiving but I just needed to jump into the holidays this year, it's been a pretty rough year and I'm looking forward to a new one, although my son leaves for the service in Jan.

I just really want us all to have a good holiday.
There is a joy at Christmas time that is hard to grasp any other time of the year.

:)

Bilby 11-19-2002 04:41 PM

We generally put up our tree and decorations the 1st weekend in Dec, the lights etc outside get put up gradually during Nov although dh is a little slow this year :rolleyes: the boys like to help him and they have been asking when, when, when.
Our tree is fake as real ones tend to look very sad and kinda dead after a few days.
:daisy:

Sueanne 11-19-2002 07:59 PM

Christmas Tree

1 Attachment(s)
I have a large 7ft tree but I fell in love with this 4ft fiber optic tree. As it turns the light on the bottom illuminates the optics in the branches. It fits just great in a corner of my Dinning Room where I get to see it all day. It is a little harder storing in the attics in florida since they get so hot. This fits in the garage in a little corner. Getting the Christmas spirit want to buy some more animated figures.

janet 11-20-2002 04:55 AM

Gee, I thought maybe I was jumping the gun when I have been thinking about putting our tree up....but now I find I am a little behind!lol:-D

I am getting in the Xmas spirit already and have been thinking of decorating...all Xmas stuff is still in storage so it will be awhile. I do want my dh to put up the icicle lights up before it gets so nasty and cold here....still waiting on that:(

I use a fake tree here due to allergies for my ds and I . I like the real trees better but not the needles that drop. I love the look of the natural trees in the stores....they are skinny with a few branches. Dh says NO...you have a tree, it is so big for our little place. It blocks the windows and makes the room crowded. I might just get the skinny one.lol:p

Chat with you later ladies,
janet

Sueanne 11-20-2002 07:33 PM

Xmas Tree

1 Attachment(s)
Janet~~~ That was a picture from last year just brought back memories. Did pickup some beautiful porcelain nativity statues for under my tree. Just the right size for a smaller tree. Bought a domed cake dish too in clear glass for my holiday goodies. Both were on sale saved alot. Keep shopping and spur the economy.

bonnie50 11-22-2002 11:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
would have probably put one up by now,but havent decided what i want yet,have to look around later on,

Bilby 11-23-2002 02:59 AM

The lights outside are up as of 5.15pm this arvo, and turned on at 7pm to see the 'look'. The tree and other stuff is up next week end. Then the count down begins.::-)::

janet 11-23-2002 05:21 AM

We are putting up a small tree this year...small house, small tree I say! lol:-D