Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 12-12-2002, 04:14 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

chuckle

Suanne--

--Another beautiful tree! It's a shame they get put away when the season is over. A neighbor of mine leaves hers up all year long, and it is so pretty. If I had room to do that, I would. I've known others who have one in their basements, and leave them up all year, too. They cover them with something to keep dust off, and when Christmas returns, they just uncover the tree.

Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Cry, and you cry alone.
Old 01-03-2003, 07:26 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Well, I got all traces of Christmas stuff put away, tree down, and I am glad...now our TV room looks bare! lol I will have to find something to hang on the wall. It worked out great this year, everyone helped taking down the tree, and it went so much easier. No one came over to see our tree except our neighbor...he thought maybe we didn't have one, because you couldn't see it through the window. lol We still have our lights up on the house, when it gets alittle warmer or the snowbanks higher we will get them off the house. I kinda like them, they are the icicle lights, afterall the rest of our house has icicles, but these ones are lit up! cool

janet
Old 01-04-2003, 02:23 AM
Froggy
FamilyCorner Junkie

Wow

You guys are way ahead of me. I haven't even thought about putting away my decorations yet.
Old 01-04-2003, 03:43 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

By this time, I'm usually sick of the tree and decorations. When the house is decorated for Christmas, things seem a little crowded. I'm just not ready to take the tree/decorations down yet this year. I know I should get the tree down this coming week though. It's a live tree.

I have a snowman collection that I think I'm going to leave out all winter. They're more "wintery" than "Christmasy". I'd love to leave my village out too but I'll probably put it away as well.

Every year I love to decorate but when it's all over, every year I ask myself why I put so much out. I just love this season.

I envy those of you who have your tree and decorations down! Good job!

Valentine's Day is coming, I have to make some room for the few things I put out for that.

Does anyone else decorate for V-Day?

We have over a foot of snow and their calling for snow everyday but one this coming week. I have grapevine reigndeer that I would like to get out of the yard. Oh well, maybe we'll get enough snow to just cover them til' Spring - just kidding.

I hope everyone has a great day!
Old 01-04-2003, 05:25 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

blushing

I have been working on taking everything down for the last 3 days. It is so nice to have it all up, but I still have another full day ahead of me between outside (even though dh is taking down the outside lights I still get stuck boxing it up) and in. I had my whole main level of my house decorated with 2 trees and a huge snowman collection. It's nice to have it up but I get to the point where I'm tired of it and hate putting it all away. I got a number of new things this year as well which I have to find storage for. Hopefully, by Monday, it will be put back. I'm just not ready to see all the sping things up (flowers, bunnies, bathing suits etc) yet since it is still January. They need to have an inbetween season where it's not Christmas and not Spring/summer stuff in January. Happy packing your stuff away.

annt
Old 01-05-2003, 04:49 PM
FamilyCorner Junkie

I'm done!! I carried the last box of stuff downstairs an hour ago--now my living room and kitchen look bare lol!! I haven't put my regular stuff back yet--I want to do a thorough dusting, first! I even put my snowmen away--I usually keep them out longer.

I have a few things I put out for V-day--a heart wreath with roses on the door, a few figurines(cupids, etc), and my tree--it's one of those little white paper things that use mini ornaments. My ds got it for me(through dh )when he was two months--and every year I get a new "I love" you ornament, handmade by him(and his little brother, now, too.) For obvious reasons--this one is my favorite lol! I also put up window clings--the kids love them!
Old 01-05-2003, 04:56 PM
Assistant Moderator

~~ All our decorations came down on the 1st of January. Not a thing left now, it does look bare even the kids said so. It's the tinsel and tree bits that take a little longer, as those bits seem to hide everywhere.~~
Old 01-05-2003, 06:58 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

All of our decorations are down and put away now too! Hubby took down the lights outside yesterday since we are having a mild winter...that won't last long. lol

janet
Old 10-21-2003, 07:21 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
How early do you start decorating for Christmas?

In the past, Ive usually waited until right after Thanksgiving but this year I think that Im going to start earlier. ( This is if Im not making moving plans around then--finger crossed that we're not.)

We wont get the tree that early but I think that Im going to do some other stuff early like making ornaments for the tree, changing the stuff on my shelves and wall decorations.

I just love this time of year! I will make sure that Thanksgiving isnt overlooked though. We have so much to be thankful for!!

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 11-02-2003, 08:31 PM
Assistant Moderator

ajrsmom I start a little before Thanksgiving, but this yr think I will be starting much earlier on decorating the place and want to make up food gifts this yr as well. Need to make some handmade gifts so I got to start these asap.

how do u decorate?

for myself I decorate each room almost but the front room, the living room the hall way, bath, kitchen.

I have lots of knick knacks to sit out, garland to put on bookshelves and shelves

stuff to put on the front door

sometimes I wrap the poles outside in red paper where they look like candy canes

I have a little christmas tree that I keep yr round in kit and I hang little mini ornaments on it, I wrap pictures that on the walls like packages.

that just some of the ways I do things.