Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

View Poll Results: Do you set out cookies and milk for Santa?
Of course! 11 37.93%
No 3 10.34%
I leave something else for him....what? 0 0%
I used to when the kids where younger but not now 15 51.72%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-05-2009, 06:50 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Good morning all, Theresa I am glad your son is carrying on the tradition you started and with the same plate/mug makes it even better in my opinion. I wonder why your daughter did not want to but glad your son does it. And since he enjoys doing it so much most likely he will pass the plate/mug down to his older one
Old 12-05-2009, 07:54 AM

Happy face

Theresa, I hope his kids will carry on the tradition. What a wonderful thing that would be. We have a tradition that is carried on in our family too. When someone gets married or a new baby is born, we take a ball ornament & put the name & date on it & it is hung on our tree every year. My mom started it when we were born & I still do it. Unfortunately, my ball got broken but I have the one that she had made for herself, but if she put the date on it, it has come off sometime during the years. I put that ball on the tree every year. I don't know the exact date that she made it but it is approximately 60 yrs old.. it has been on our tree ever since I can remember.
Old 12-05-2009, 08:21 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Lunatic

Minny that is a wonderful tradition...I still have the ornaments that I made for my kids and grandkids every year...my son has the ones I made for him and his family...my youngest daughter has hers and I sent my oldest daughter the ones I made for her and her family and again she did not want them...but I told her to pack them away and one day my grandkids might want them...

Patti my daughter never told me why she did not want them but I think she missed out on a wonderful tradition to share with her children...

Smiles & Hugs...
Old 12-05-2009, 09:50 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Minny that too is great you still have your Mom's ornament. Ever since Gina started having her own tree I have bought her at least one new one per year. They are all on her tree. The boys have been given some and they too are on her tree. I was given an ornament Christmas after my Otto died and it has been on my tree every year now which is now 15 Christmas'. I also have some of the cheap plastic ones with the boys names on them and they are on my tree each year.
I agree Theresa your daughter has missed out on a lovely tradition
Old 12-05-2009, 10:56 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I also have a lot of old ornaments that my Mother saved for us. I even have an old stocking made of felt that she made as a kid,and balls too that my brothers and sisters made. We always got these things out at Christmas when Mom was living. Last year however I didn't get them out as it was so close to her passing and I couldn't bring myself to get them out- but this year I did. I would have been very blessed to have those things from you Theresa too!

Unknown
Old 12-05-2009, 12:06 PM

I have all the ornaments my kids have made. My two oldest keep telling me to throw those ugly things out. But I can't. I love them.
DD1 has some ornaments that were made by a dear friend, who was killed in an argument.
I want her to have them but she won't take them. I'm afraid to put them on the tree for fear the cat will knock the tree over and they'll get broken.
Old 12-06-2009, 04:34 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

We put out cookies and choclate milk and carrots for the deers.
tree
Old 12-08-2009, 11:38 AM
Nine Year Member

We do cookies but because Santa comes so late to our house we put out a cup of hot coffee to warm him up. Santa is so noise leaving the house he always wakes the kids up at 6:00 am.

Roberta
Old 12-08-2009, 11:45 AM

Happy face

Roberta, one year I didn't even get to bed til about 7 AM. My hubby worked 2nd shift & I had just about everything ready except for a couple of things that had to be assembled but needed help doing it. We just got them finished when we heard a noise.. my oldest son was poking up the coal furnace & then went & got the other kids up & said "Santa was here.. Mom & Dad are already up". That was at 2 AM & I finally talked them into taking a nap around 7 AM. I was exhausted!! Oh yea, DH snuck off to bed & got his sleep in, but I had to wait LOL
Old 12-08-2009, 11:48 AM
Contest Moderator
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Thank you all for sharing these stories about Christmas' past. This is such a nice holiday read. I am really enjoying this and all of these tales of what great parents you all are.

J~