FamilyCorner.com Forums

FamilyCorner.com Forums (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/)
-   Christmas Decorating (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/christmas-decorating/)
-   -   oldest decoration or ornament (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/christmas-decorating/24540-oldest-decoration-ornament.html)

trainlady 12-15-2008 12:44 PM

oldest decoration or ornament

What is the most oldest and memorable decoration and/or ornament you have up in your house right now?

I have a table runner given to me by my friend Linda in 1975.
I have also a glass crystal-like tree ornament given to me by my friend Alice in 1984.

Both have gone on to heaven and so I will always treasure both those "gifts."

hugs, train:sunfl:

debknechtel 12-16-2008 07:29 AM

I could not believe my cat last month broke our only really old christmas piece...it was a glass hand blown star for the top of the tree....it shatttered in a million pieces....Our oldest ones are just from whenwe got married....in 92. Someday maybe my dad will give us our baby ornaments from our tree.

Hugs dEbbie

happymomof4 12-16-2008 04:38 PM

This might not be the oldest oranment I have but my favorite is one a friend made for me. It is an angel she crochet. I believe she gave it to me in the early 90's.

Sueanne 12-16-2008 07:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have this ceramic light up XmasTree since 1955. The little statue of Santa beside it says Germany 1908 when it was made inscribed right on the front of it.
______
Sueanne
:sunfl:

CHADSMOM 12-16-2008 08:17 PM

I have a Christmas stocking that my Mother made for my Grandpa (her Dad) in 1942, it is made from felt like fabric and she had spelled his name "Dady", and another she had made that was an angel, made from a feather with curly moss looking plant for the hair painted gold, and a halo of very thin wire. Her head is a small wooden ball. It is really beautiful, but fragile now...

Bilby 12-16-2008 10:30 PM

The tree that's looking a bit sad this year and the advent calendar I made years back, I do have some ornaments the kids made but are packed away.

Pag36 12-17-2008 03:55 AM

Lets see I have a "stuffed" Christmas Tree made by Pinky my oldest dau/child who is now 52 she made it when she was I think 20. Also couple hand blown glass ornies not balls one is a star and the other a sleigh they were made in Germany eons ago and brought over here by my dear Otto's Mom they had been on her tree over there and she wanted Otto to have them for his tree, now I have them. There was an Angel too but I gave that to Stacie.
Also have a Candy Dish that my dear friend Gloria gave me years ago it had her yummy fudge in it, it is pink but meant to have out at Christmas time

cherylpearl 12-23-2008 07:30 AM

The oldest ornament that I have is my tree topper. It is a angel that my 19 year old daughter made for me when she was in kindergarden. 95% of my ornaments are ornaments that my children have made over the years. I may have had to re glue eyes, etc, but I treasure all of them the most.

ellenmelon 12-25-2008 12:51 PM

I think our oldest is the set of blue faceted 'plastic' balls I got from my neighbor's garage sale back when the kids were 2 years old or so. The couple that sold them were in their 70s so I think they said they got them when they were in their 30s so that would make the ornaments now about 55 years old.

Joy 12-10-2010 06:47 PM

One of the oldest ornaments I have is a small home-made spider ornament that is on our Christmas tree each year. My Mom gave me the ornament many years ago along with an old German legend about the Christmas spider and the tradition of tinsel on the tree.
My girls who are both out of high school decided that we needed to make more of these ornaments so that they and their brother would someday have a spider for their own Christmas trees. We had a lot of fun creating the new spiders and starting a tradition for them.